1. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
4. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
9. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
13. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
16. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
17. The univalent unsaturated organic radical C3H5.
18. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
19. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
20. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
22. A tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate).
23. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
24. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
25. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
27. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
28. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
32. Great nature goddess of ancient Phrygia in Asia Minor.
34. Ragout of game in a rich sauce.
37. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
41. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
42. Before noon.
43. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
44. Closed with a lace.
45. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
48. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
50. An antibiotic (trade name Erythrocin or E-Mycin or Ethril or Ilosone or Pediamycin) obtained from the actinomycete Streptomyces erythreus.
52. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
53. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
54. An elaborate party (often outdoors).
55. Make more intense, stronger, or more marked.
57. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
58. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
59. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
61. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
62. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
63. A condition requiring relief.
65. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
68. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
70. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
73. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
77. (often used in combination) Not genuine but having the appearance of.
80. A mountain in the Andes in Argentina (22,047 feet high).
82. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
84. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
88. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
90. A syllabic script used in writing Sanskrit and Hindi.
92. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
93. Little known Kamarupan languages.
94. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
96. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
97. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
98. Breed of dairy cattle from the island of Guernsey.
99. A Loloish language.
1. French biochemist who (with Jacques Monod) studied regulatory processes in cells (born in 1920).
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. Muslim name for God.
6. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit.
7. A state in east central United States.
8. On or toward the lee.
9. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
10. To or from every one of two or more (considered individually).
11. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
12. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
13. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
14. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
15. (informal) A bunch.
21. A high shoe with laces over the tongue.
26. Not very intelligent or interested in culture.
29. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
31. Periapsis in Earth orbit.
33. United States tennis player who in 1938 was the first to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles championship in the same year (1915-2000).
35. A great raja.
36. Inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable.
38. A theatrical performance held during the daytime (especially in the afternoon).
39. Small dry indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall.
40. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
46. A headlike protuberance on an organ or structure.
47. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
49. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
51. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
56. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
60. Money in the form of bills or coins.
64. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
65. The cry made by sheep.
66. Plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers.
67. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
69. Genus of low-growing mat-forming New Zealand plants.
70. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
72. Set down according to a plan.
74. Type genus of the Apogonidae.
75. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
76. Sour or bitter in taste.
78. A cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles.
79. Suggestive of the supernatural.
81. Type genus of the Amiidae.
82. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
83. The habitation of wild animals.
85. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness.
86. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
87. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
89. A shape that sags.
91. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
95. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.