1. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
9. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
13. A decree that prohibits something.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A group of biological taxa or species that share features inherited from a common ancestor.
18. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
19. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
20. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
22. Great coolness and composure under strain.
24. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
25. Before noon.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. Relating to the Andes and their inhabitants.
29. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
31. Wearing or provided with clothing.
33. (music) Without breaks between notes.
35. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
37. Lower in esteem.
39. Providing coolness.
43. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
45. Frivolous banter.
49. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. (music) Brought to correct pitch.
54. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
58. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
59. Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC).
61. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
62. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
64. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
65. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
66. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
67. A woman of refinement.
69. State in northeastern India.
71. The general activity of selling.
73. Russian ballet dancer (1910-1998).
75. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
76. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
77. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
78. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
80. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
82. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
86. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
88. A primeval personification of air and breath.
90. The doctrine or belief in the existence of a God or gods.
93. Follower of Rastafarianism.
96. Small circular or square cases of dough with savory fillings.
98. The capital of Turkey.
100. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
101. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
102. Advanced in years.
104. English essayist (1775-1834).
105. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
106. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
107. A soft oily clay used as a pigment (especially a reddish brown pigment).
108. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
109. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
110. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
3. Free from liquid or moisture.
4. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
5. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
6. Common Indian weaverbird.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
9. Type genus of the Balaenidae.
10. With a forward motion.
11. An advanced law degree.
12. Ctenophore having tentacles only in the immature stage.
13. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
14. The sixth month of the civil year.
15. Type genus of the Nepidae.
21. Elder brother of Krishna.
23. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
28. A condition requiring relief.
30. A genus of Old World grasses widely cultivated in America.
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
36. Practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages.
38. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
40. Type genus of the Laniidae.
41. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
42. A prophet of the first century.
44. (anatomy) Opposite to or away from the mouth.
46. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
47. Tag the base runner to get him out.
48. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
53. A step in walking or running.
55. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
56. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
57. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
60. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
63. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
68. A particular environment or walk of life.
70. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
72. Stain (furniture) black to make it look like ebony.
73. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
74. A small brownish spot (of the pigment melanin) on the skin.
75. A public promotion of some product or service.
79. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
81. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
83. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Ansaid) that is administered only orally.
84. Having the slant of a bevel.
85. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
87. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
89. God of death.
91. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
92. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
94. A city in southeastern South Korea.
95. The highest level or degree attainable.
97. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
99. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
100. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
103. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).