1. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. State in northeastern India.
9. Praise, glorify, or honor.
13. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
18. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
19. Seed of a pea plant.
20. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.
21. A tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate).
23. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
25. A genetically engineered anti-TNF compound (trade name Enbrel) consisting of receptors that bind TNF.
27. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
29. Unknown god.
30. An informal term for a father.
31. 16 ounces.
33. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
34. Type genus of the Anatidae.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
37. A former province of northern France near the English Channel (between Picardy and Flanders).
40. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
44. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
46. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
47. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
49. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
50. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
53. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
55. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
56. Weapons considered collectively.
57. Music composed for dancing the conga.
58. The wrist bone in line with the 4th and 5th fingers.
61. Catlike mammal typically secreting musk used in perfumes.
62. Select as an alternative.
63. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
65. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
67. Black tropical American cuckoo.
68. Any expected deliverer.
70. Towards the side away from the wind.
72. A genus of European owls.
73. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
75. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
77. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
78. A master's degree in business.
80. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
84. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
87. Provided with artificial light.
88. A genus of Platalea.
90. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
92. A blind god.
94. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
97. Deciduous trees with smooth usually silver-gray bark of North America and Europe and Asia.
98. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
101. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
102. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
104. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
107. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
108. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
109. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
110. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
111. A doctor's degree in education.
1. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
2. All the animal life in a particular region.
3. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
6. A single-reed woodwind with a conical bore.
7. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
8. French sculptor of monumental female nudes (1861-1944).
9. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. Make urban or city-like.
12. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
13. The month following March and preceding May.
14. A beckoning gesture.
15. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
22. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
24. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
26. A motley assortment of things.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. Loud confused noise from many sources.
35. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
38. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
39. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. Immature of its kind.
42. A weakly magnetic black mineral found in metamorphic and plutonic rocks.
43. (rare) Of or occurring in summer.
45. Birth-control campaigner who in 1921 opened the first birth control clinic in London (1880-1958).
48. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
51. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
52. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
54. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
59. A landlocked republic in southern central Africa.
60. A city in southeastern South Korea.
64. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
66. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
69. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
71. Being three more than thirty.
74. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
75. French sculptor of monumental female nudes (1861-1944).
76. Wearing or provided with clothing.
79. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
81. A linear unit of measurement (equal to 6 feet) for water depth.
82. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
83. Characterized by disconcerting directness in manner or speech.
85. Front consisting of the conical head of a missile or rocket that protects the payload from heat during its passage through the atmosphere.
86. An Eskimo hut.
89. A son who has the same first name as his father.
91. A small cake leavened with yeast.
93. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
95. Give over.
96. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
100. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
103. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
105. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
106. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.