1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
9. Serving as or forming a base.
13. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
16. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
17. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
18. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. The month following March and preceding May.
21. Chinch bugs.
22. Pertaining to one of the small sacs (as in a compound gland).
24. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
26. (Greek mythology) God of love.
27. Provide with a canal, as of a city.
29. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
31. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
33. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
34. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
36. In an aerial manner.
37. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
38. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
40. A unit of pressure.
41. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
50. Type genus of the Plataleidae.
54. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
55. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
57. In or of the month preceding the present one.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
61. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
63. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing.
65. A cloth having a crisscross design.
67. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
70. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
71. The essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized.
73. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
74. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
76. A hard brittle gray polyvalent metallic element that resembles iron but is not magnetic.
77. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
78. Step on it.
80. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis.
82. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
89. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
90. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
92. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
93. Type genus of the Otariidae.
94. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
95. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
97. The emotion of hate.
99. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
100. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
101. Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
102. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
103. Towards the side away from the wind.
1. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
2. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
3. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
4. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
5. An ax used to slaughter cattle.
6. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
7. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
8. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
9. Small round bread leavened with baking-powder or soda.
10. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
11. A city of central China.
12. Edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells.
13. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.
14. A painful and involuntary muscular contraction.
15. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
23. An uncertain region on the east shore of the Adriatic where an ancient Indo-European people once lived.
25. A state of social isolation.
28. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
35. Fungi with yellowish gelatinous sporophores having convolutions resembling those of the brain.
39. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
42. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Acular and Toradol) that is administered only intramuscularly.
43. An exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself.
44. Make glad or happy.
46. The commonest type of solidified lava.
47. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
51. Nonstandard usage adv 1.
52. The fur of a rabbit.
53. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
56. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
59. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
62. Loose soil rich in organic matter.
64. Wood heaped for burning a dead body as a funeral rite.
66. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
68. A young woman making her debut into society.
69. An instrument of execution for execution by strangulation.
70. Edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells.
72. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
75. German conductor (1876-1962).
79. (Greek mythology) The rarified fluid said to flow in the veins of the Gods.
81. Register formally.
83. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
84. The sixth month of the civil year.
85. An onerous or difficult concern.
86. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
88. Not widely known.
91. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
96. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.