1. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. Make less visible or unclear.
9. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
13. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
16. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
17. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
18. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
19. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
20. Building that contains a surface for ice skating or roller skating.
22. The father of your father or mother.
25. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
27. Of or like a feeble old woman.
28. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
30. A male child (a familiar term of address to a boy).
32. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
34. Plaything consisting of a container filled with toys and candy.
38. Relieve oneself of troubling information.
41. (of spatial position) In or brought into line with or into proper relative position.
45. Half the width of an em.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. A lump of material formed from the content of a liquid.
48. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
50. Of a pale purple color.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. A genus of Carangidae.
55. A river in western Asia.
56. Armor plate that protects the chest.
58. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
59. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
61. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
62. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
63. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trademarks Aleve and Anaprox and Aflaxen).
65. Garlic mayonnaise.
70. (informal) Of the highest quality.
71. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
72. The (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another.
75. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
79. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
80. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
84. A native or inhabitant of ancient Etruria.
87. A large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles.
90. A low vibrating sound typical of a contented cat v 1.
91. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
92. Located farthest to the rear.
94. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
95. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
96. Beneath the surface of the sea.
97. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
1. A German man.
2. Type genus of the Amiidae.
3. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
4. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
5. A cgs unit of work or energy.
6. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
7. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
8. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
9. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. Wish harm upon.
12. A state in midwestern United States.
13. United States writer remembered as the secretary and companion of Gertrude Stein (1877-1967).
14. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
15. Sudden sharp painful emotion.
21. Philippine timber tree having hard red fragrant wood.
23. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
24. A port city in northeastern Greece on an inlet of the Aegean Sea.
26. Moderate or restrain.
29. Swedish chemist remembered for his invention of dynamite and for the bequest that created the Nobel prizes (1833-1896).
31. An informal term for a father.
33. Of or relating to the kingdom of Kuwait or its people.
35. Prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules.
36. A black mineral that is an ore of niobium and tantalum.
37. A geometric pattern that is repeated at every scale and so cannot be represented by classical geometry.
39. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
40. Covered with paving material.
42. The general activity of selling.
43. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
44. The smallest of the Great Lakes.
49. A genus of Ploceidae.
51. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944).
54. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
57. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
60. Cast again, in a different role.
64. A tiny cavity filled with fluid in the cytoplasm of a cell.
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
66. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
67. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
68. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
69. Become steeper.
70. United States writer remembered as the secretary and companion of Gertrude Stein (1877-1967).
73. The act of rewriting something.
74. Wild geese.
76. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
77. (in Indian English) The number that is represented as a one followed by 7 zeros.
78. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
79. Black tropical American cuckoo.
81. Earlier a god.
82. A firm open-weave fabric used for a curtain in the theater.
83. Brief and to the point.
85. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
86. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
88. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
89. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
93. Being one hundred more than three hundred.