1. Make amends for.
4. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
9. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. The residue that remains when something is burned.
16. A former French coin of low denomination.
17. A cavity in the mesoderm of an embryo that gives rise in humans to the pleural cavity and pericardial cavity and peritoneal cavity.
18. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. A kind of person.
21. A native American tent.
22. (British) Your grandmother.
23. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
24. By bad luck.
26. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
29. A Christian Bishop who translated the Bible from Greek into Gothic (311-382).
32. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
33. A genus of Paridae.
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
40. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
41. A state in northwestern North America.
42. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
46. A garment of cloth or leather or plastic that is tied about the waist and worn to protect your clothing.
47. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
50. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
51. A town in north central Oklahoma.
52. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
53. A cart that is drawn by an ox.
54. Italian sociologist and economist whose theories influenced the development of fascism in Italy (1848-1923).
56. A port city in southwestern Iran.
59. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
61. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
62. (music) Brought to correct pitch.
63. A weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
64. Very large red gum tree.
67. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
68. Act of writing in code or cipher.
69. A projecting bay window corbeled or cantilevered out from a wall.
70. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
71. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
79. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
83. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. Jordan's port.
92. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
94. The month following February and preceding April.
95. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
96. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
98. A condition requiring relief.
100. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
101. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
102. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
103. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
104. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
1. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
2. The rounded seed-bearing capsule of a cotton or flax plant.
3. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
4. The month following September and preceding November.
5. The 26th letter of the Roman alphabet.
6. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
7. Cactus having yellow flowers and purple fruits.
8. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
11. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
12. Elongate very slender water scorpions.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Singing jazz.
15. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
25. Wood of a sumac.
27. A state in the eastern United States.
28. Garment consisting of a folded cloth drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist.
30. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
31. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
34. A royal German family that provided rulers for several European states and wore the crown of the Holy Roman Empire from 1440 to 1806.
35. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
37. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
38. Someone who lingers aimlessly in or about a place.
39. Of persons.
43. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
44. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
45. To gain with effort.
48. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
49. The longest division of geological time.
55. Small bushy deciduous tree native to Asia and North Africa having pretty pink blossoms and highly prized edible nuts enclosed in a hard green hull.
57. The last (12th) month of the year.
58. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
60. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
65. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
66. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
72. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
73. Imperial moths.
74. A light touch or stroke.
76. The sacred writings of the Christian religion.
77. A state in New England.
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
80. A Loloish language.
81. The habitation of wild animals.
82. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
84. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
86. Type genus of the Amiidae.
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
90. A small piece of cloth.
91. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
97. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
98. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
99. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).