1. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
4. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
9. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
13. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
18. The lowest brass wind instrument.
19. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
20. The bed on which a sick person lies.
22. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
24. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
25. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
26. In an exposed manner.
28. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
30. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
31. Small tree or shrub of New Zealand having a profusion of axillary clusters of honey-scented paper-white flowers and whose bark is used for cordage.
33. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
35. Rate of revolution of a motor.
38. The act of rising upward into the air.
39. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
43. Again but in a new or different way.
47. A noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it.
49. The capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the Congo river opposite Brazzaville.
51. Any plant of the genus Hoya having fleshy leaves and usually nectariferous flowers.
52. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
54. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
56. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
58. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
60. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
61. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
62. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
63. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
65. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
66. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
67. An oil port in southern Iraq.
69. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
72. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
74. A genus of Ploceidae.
76. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
77. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
78. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
84. Humorously vulgar.
87. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
96. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
97. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
98. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
99. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
100. A notable achievement.
101. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
102. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
103. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
104. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An open jar of glass or porcelain used as an ornament or to hold flowers.
2. A metal frame or container holding cartridges.
3. Evergreen trees or shrubs of mountains of Australia and Tasmania.
4. A light touch or stroke.
5. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
6. A woman of refinement.
7. Before noon.
8. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
9. A compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed.
10. A rich meat stew highly seasoned with paprika.
11. A master's degree in business.
12. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
13. A genus of Siphonaptera.
14. An indication of potential opportunity.
15. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
21. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
23. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
27. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands.
29. The first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac.
32. The closing section of a musical composition.
34. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
36. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
37. Leader of Black Muslims who campaigned for independence for Black Americans (1897-1975).
40. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
41. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
42. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
44. A canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse).
45. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
46. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
48. In a racy manner.
50. A region of central Europe rich in deposits of coal and iron ore.
53. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
55. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
57. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
59. Flat tableland with steep edges.
64. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
68. A genus of Scolopacidae.
69. Before noon.
70. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
71. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
72. A genus of Siphonaptera.
73. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
79. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
80. A public promotion of some product or service.
82. In bed.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
85. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
86. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
88. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
89. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
90. A quantity of no importance.
92. How long something has existed.
93. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
95. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
96. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.