1. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
4. Unpleasantly stern.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A master's degree in library science.
16. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
17. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
18. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. Very sophisticated especially because of surfeit.
22. Of or relating to or associated with the moon.
24. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
25. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
26. A genus of Mustelidae.
27. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
28. A city of central China.
30. Any thick messy substance.
32. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
33. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
34. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
37. Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth.
41. The univalent hydrocarbon radical C2H5 derived from ethane by the removal of one hydrogen atom.
43. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. Pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness.
49. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation.
51. The square of a body of any size of type.
52. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
56. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
57. Soft blue-gray mineral.
59. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
61. English romantic poet notorious for his rebellious and unconventional lifestyle (1788-1824).
63. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
64. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
65. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
66. A strong emotion.
67. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
72. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
74. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
77. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
78. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
79. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
81. Sew together very finely.
86. Having winglike extensions.
90. The content of cognition.
91. One species.
94. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
95. Clean or orderly.
96. Used of idealized country life.
97. (prefix) Half or partial.
98. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
99. Class of small freeholders who cultivated their own land.
100. A small hard fruit.
101. A doctor's degree in education.
1. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
2. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
3. A line drawn on a map connecting points having the same numerical value of some variable.
4. Step on it.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
7. A member of the lowest or worker Hindu caste.
8. National capital of Solomon Islands.
9. Having the skin scraped off.
10. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
11. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
12. A person who is expert in the use of a bow and arrow.
13. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
14. A Russian river.
15. The act of scanning.
21. Siberian breed of white or cream dog of the spitz family.
23. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
29. Short and fat.
31. The fatty flesh of eel.
35. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
36. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
38. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
39. A musical composition for voices and orchestra based on a religious text.
40. Either of two yellow to red retinal pigments formed from Rhodopsin by the action of light.
42. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
44. Being one more than ninety.
47. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
48. United States baseball player (born 1925).
50. To fix or set securely or deeply.
53. Brought about or caused.
54. (trademark) An antacid.
55. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
58. Young sheep.
60. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
62. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
68. A salt or ester of maleic acid.
69. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
70. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
71. Not experiencing or inspiring joy.
72. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
73. French revolutionary heroine (a Girondist) who assassinated Marat (1768-1793).
74. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
75. A fine usually white clay formed by the weathering of aluminous minerals (as feldspar).
76. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
77. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
80. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
82. In the Roman calendar.
83. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
84. A city in east central Texas.
85. An informal term for a father.
87. On or toward the lee.
88. Flat and uninspiring.
89. A town in north central Oklahoma.
92. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
93. One or some or every or all without specification.
94. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.