1. An informal term for a father.
4. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
8. Any small compartment.
12. A British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters.
16. A rapid bustling commotion.
17. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
20. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
22. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968).
24. A formal expression of praise.
25. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
28. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
29. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
31. Continued in your keeping or use or memory.
32. Any of various amines (such as putrescine or cadaverine) formed by the action of putrefactive bacteria.
35. By bad luck.
39. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
40. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
41. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
47. The time when something happens.
50. Any plant of the genus Erica.
52. A slight amount or degree of difference.
53. Type genus of the Anatidae.
54. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
56. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
58. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
60. 1 species.
62. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
63. Composed of animal fat.
66. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. Make one's home or live in.
69. River in eastern Asia.
72. Pertaining to or resembling or functioning as a bract.
73. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
77. God of earth's fertility and peace and prosperity.
78. A loose cloak with a hood.
81. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
82. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
85. A fraudulent business scheme.
87. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
91. Jordan's port.
92. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
95. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
97. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
98. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
99. One of two pieces of armor plate hanging from the fauld to protect the upper thighs.
102. A master's degree in fine arts.
103. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
104. Call forth.
105. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
106. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. Fallow deer.
2. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
3. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor.
4. A state in northwestern North America.
5. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
6. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
7. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
8. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
9. Capital of Armenia.
10. An island of central Hawaii.
11. 16 ounces.
12. The father of your father or mother.
13. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
14. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
15. A city in southeastern Sweden.
21. A soft suede leather formerly from the sheep of the chamois antelope but now from sheepskin.
23. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
27. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
30. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
33. Island in West Indies.
34. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
36. Fan palms of the southern United States and the Caribbean region.
37. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
38. In a sedate manner.
42. Small slender gull having narrow wings and a forked tail.
43. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
44. Food chopped into small bits.
45. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
46. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
48. A strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp.
49. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
51. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
55. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
57. Characterized by lust.
59. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
61. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
64. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
65. A state in north central United States.
68. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
74. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
75. Cuban dancer and choreographer (born in 1921).
76. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
79. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
80. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
83. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
84. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
86. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
88. The highest level or degree attainable.
89. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
90. The sixth month of the civil year.
93. Inquire about.
94. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
96. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
97. An informal term for a father.
100. The eleventh month of the civil year.
101. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.