1. A decree that prohibits something.
4. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
9. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
13. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
17. Wood of a sumac.
18. Of or being the lowest female voice.
19. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. A small piece of cloth.
21. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
22. Imaginative British writer concerned with social justice (1903-1950).
24. One thousandth of a second.
26. Earlier than the present time.
27. Remote from actual involvement.
29. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
31. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A purplish dye obtained from orchil lichens.
41. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
43. A district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts.
44. The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it.
46. A large number or amount.
47. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
50. Capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are.
52. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
53. (baseball) A hit that flies straight out from the batter.
55. Having winglike extensions.
56. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
57. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
58. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
59. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
63. A member of the Slavic people living in Croatia.
64. A proteolytic enzyme obtained from the unripe papaya.
66. The condition of belonging to a particular place or group by virtue of social or ethnic or cultural lineage.
67. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
69. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
70. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
71. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
72. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
73. How long something has existed.
74. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
79. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
80. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
83. A small house with a single story.
87. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
90. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
92. The capital of Western Samoa.
94. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
95. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
96. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
97. The bottom of a shoe or boot.
98. (Babylonian) The sky god.
99. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
100. Any taillike structure.
101. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
102. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
103. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
1. A mountainous republic in southeastern Asia on the Bay of Bengal.
2. Collect or gather.
3. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
4. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
5. (of hosiery) Resistant to runs or (in Britain) ladders.
6. Type genus of the Amiidae.
7. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
8. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
12. Produced by or subjected to forcing.
13. The content of cognition.
14. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
15. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
23. Forces that provide energy and direction.
25. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
30. One of the elements that collectively form a system of numbers.
34. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
35. The part of a coal seam that is being cut.
36. Any plant or flower of the genus Lobelia.
37. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
38. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
39. A small dagger with a tapered blade.
40. A murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a treacherous surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed.
42. A word that is written with three letters in an alphabetic writing system.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. A republic in southwestern Africa on the Atlantic Ocean.
49. Of or relating to an angel of the first order.
51. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
54. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
60. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
61. Of or relating to or involving an area.
62. Transparent anterior portion of the outer covering of the eye.
65. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
68. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
69. Type genus of the Amiidae.
75. Small genus of tropical African perennial bulbous herbs with deciduous twining stems.
76. A native of ancient Troy.
77. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
78. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
81. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
82. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
84. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
85. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
89. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
91. An enclosed space.
92. A protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building.
93. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.