1. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
9. A beckoning gesture.
13. Seed of a pea plant.
16. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
17. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
18. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
20. (used in combination) Mentally oriented toward something specified.
22. In a nice way.
24. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
25. Any of several compounds of barium.
26. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
27. The month following January and preceding March.
28. Squash bugs.
30. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
32. A person forced to flee from home or country.
33. Tag the base runner to get him out.
35. A vest pocket to hold a pocket watch.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
39. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
45. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
47. Lacking a label or tag.
50. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
52. At full speed.
54. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Acular and Toradol) that is administered only intramuscularly.
55. Stiff coarse fiber from the outer husk of a coconut.
56. Any of several large deciduous trees with rounded spreading crowns and smooth gray bark and small sweet edible triangular nuts enclosed in burs.
57. A state in New England.
58. On or toward the lee.
60. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
61. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
64. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
66. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
69. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
70. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
71. A book of the New Testament.
72. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
75. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
78. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
80. Ludicrously odd.
82. A Nilotic language.
85. A beguiler who leads someone into danger (usually as part of a plot).
86. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
90. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
93. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
95. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
96. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
97. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
98. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
99. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
100. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
101. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
102. A small cake leavened with yeast.
103. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
2. (zoology) Pertaining to or characteristic of birds.
3. English novelist (born in Poland) noted for sea stories and for his narrative technique (1857-1924).
4. The 8th letter of the Greek alphabet.
5. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
6. Being nine more than forty.
7. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
8. Capital of Armenia.
9. Fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and hops.
10. Enthusiastic approval.
11. A semiliquid mass of partially digested food that passes from the stomach through the pyloric sphincter into the duodenum.
12. A blow that renders the opponent unconscious.
13. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
14. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
15. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
21. Not breathing or able to breathe except with difficulty.
23. A genus of Malayan tree.
29. An active and efficient cause.
31. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
34. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
37. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
40. A minute epidermal pore in a leaf or stem.
42. Not in action or at work.
43. Dry red Italian table wine from the Chianti region of Tuscany.
44. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
46. Of or like a cecum.
48. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
49. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
51. A person of Polish descent.
53. A state in New England.
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
62. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
63. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
65. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
67. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
68. An associate degree in applied science.
73. Being one more than two.
74. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
76. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
77. Ancient Persian god of light and truth.
79. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
81. City in Sudan.
83. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
84. Mentally healthy.
87. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
88. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
89. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.