1. Former measure of the US economy.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
9. Look at with amorous intentions.
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
17. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
18. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
19. A port in southwestern Scotland.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. Numbered or proceeding by tens.
24. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
26. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
27. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Lodine).
29. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
30. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
32. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
33. Ground snakes.
35. Windowpane oysters.
39. The capital of Eritrea.
42. A person who avoids the company or assistance of others.
43. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
46. A spread consisting of capers and black olives and anchovies made into a puree with olive oil.
50. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
53. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
56. An officer of the law.
57. The universal time coordinated when an event is received on Earth.
58. A New England state.
63. Of or relating to or characteristic of the state or island of Hawaii or to the people or culture or language.
66. Unsegmented worms.
68. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained.
69. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
72. A primeval personification of air and breath.
73. Brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes.
74. A small cake leavened with yeast.
75. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
77. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
80. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
85. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
86. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
90. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
91. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
94. A port city in southwestern Iran.
96. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
97. A step in walking or running.
98. Type genus of the Majidae.
100. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
101. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
102. A fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes.
103. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
104. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
1. A compact mass.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. A writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry).
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. A clay pipe with a short stem.
6. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
7. A tributary of the Rio Grande.
8. Dwell (archaic).
9. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
10. Offering fun and gaiety.
11. Being one more than fifty.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. (Scotland) A landowner.
14. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
15. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
21. A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat.
23. An island northwest of Wales.
25. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
28. A boy or man.
31. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
34. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
36. A tranquilizer (trade name Loxitane) used to treat schizophrenia.
37. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
38. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
40. Enduring strength and energy.
41. Sirenian mammal of tropical coastal waters of America.
44. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
45. Crowd or pack to capacity.
47. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
48. Sedative (trade name Doriden) used to treat some sleep disorders.
49. A commodity that enters competition with established merchandise.
51. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
52. A radical labor movement in the United States founded in nd dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism.
55. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
59. The capital of Croatia.
60. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
61. A state in the eastern United States.
62. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
64. A message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter.
65. A state in midwestern United States.
67. A great raja.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. Relating to or accompanying birth.
76. A shape that spreads outward.
78. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
79. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
81. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
82. Anything that serves as an enticement.
83. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
84. In bed.
85. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
87. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
88. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
89. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
92. A flexible container with a single opening.
93. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
95. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
99. A public promotion of some product or service.