1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
8. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
12. Spanish painter best known for his portraits (1746-1828).
16. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
17. A piece of land held under the feudal system.
18. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
20. A common cyst of the skin.
21. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
22. Not in action or at work.
23. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
24. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
26. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
29. A resource.
31. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
32. Before noon.
33. Well matched.
35. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A set of clothing (with accessories).
42. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.
46. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
47. A wine bottle made of leather.
49. Experiencing joy and pleasure.
51. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
52. Type genus of the Otariidae.
54. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
55. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
56. A deep bow.
57. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
61. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
62. An informal term for a father.
63. To fix or set securely or deeply.
64. Lower in esteem.
65. Selected as the best.
67. Fail to do something.
68. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
70. Half the width of an em.
71. Be a sign or indication of.
73. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
75. A quantity of no importance.
77. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
79. Not divisible by two.
80. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
88. Belonging to some prior time.
91. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
94. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
95. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
96. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
97. A tributary of the Rhine.
99. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
100. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
101. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
102. A thrusting blow with a knife.
103. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
1. Diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. The state capital of Alaska.
4. A master's degree in fine arts.
5. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
6. God of dawn and light.
7. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
8. Of or relating to near the ear.
9. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
10. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
11. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
12. The largest of Jupiter's satellites.
13. Toward the mouth or oral region.
14. A sharply directional antenna.
15. Type genus of the Amiidae.
25. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
27. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
28. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
30. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
34. Able or fit to be repeated or quoted.
36. Genus of New Zealand mat-forming herbs or subshrubs.
37. Capable of being fastened or secured with a rope or bond.
39. The capital and largest city of Albania in the center of the country.
40. Put to use.
41. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
43. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
44. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
45. The act of using.
48. Analgesic drug (trade name Talwin) that is less addictive than morphine.
50. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
53. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
58. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
59. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
60. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
66. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
67. A master's degree in fine arts.
69. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
74. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
76. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
78. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
81. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
82. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
83. Wearing or provided with clothing.
84. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
85. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
86. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
87. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
90. (prefix) Outside or outer.
92. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
93. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
94. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
98. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.