1. A form of address for a married woman.
4. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
18. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
19. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
20. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
21. Similar to the color of fresh grass.
22. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
23. The cry made by sheep.
24. Island in West Indies.
26. A winder around which thread or tape or film or other flexible materials can be wound.
29. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
30. Give over.
31. An acutely pointed Gothic arch, like a lance.
34. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
35. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
39. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
40. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
44. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
45. Give qualities or abilities to.
48. The foreman of a work gang.
49. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
50. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
51. Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes.
55. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
56. A boy or man.
58. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
60. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
62. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
63. Be abundant or plentiful.
65. An oil port in southern Iraq.
67. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
68. The first light of day.
70. South African term for `boss'.
71. Relating to or caused by wind.
73. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
74. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
76. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. Try to prevent.
79. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
83. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
87. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
90. A city in northwestern Syria.
91. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
92. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
95. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
97. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
99. Someone new to a field or activity.
100. (informal) Of the highest quality.
101. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
102. The visual property of something that shines with reflected light.
103. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
104. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. An area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up.
2. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A flock of geese.
5. Not rotten.
6. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
7. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
8. Of or relating to or characteristic of Genoa or its inhabitants.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
11. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
12. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
13. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
14. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
27. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
28. Capital of the state of Montana.
32. Characterized by friendship and good will.
33. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
36. A tumor consisting of a mass of blood or lymphatic vessels.
37. A disposition to remain inactive or inert.
38. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
41. The month following July and preceding September.
42. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
43. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
46. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
47. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
52. A rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together.
53. Used of old persons or old trees.
54. (medicine) A grossly malformed and usually nonviable fetus.
57. (informal) Someone whose style is out of fashion.
59. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
61. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
64. The amount that a container (as a wine bottle or tank) lacks of being full.
66. A port city in southwestern Iran.
69. (of tempo) Moderately slow n.
70. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
72. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
78. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
80. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
81. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
82. Transient cessation of respiration.
84. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
85. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
86. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
88. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
89. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
93. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
94. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
96. The longest division of geological time.
98. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
99. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.