1. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
5. United States mythologist (1904-1987).
13. The capital and largest city of Norway.
17. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
18. (meteorology) Of an air current or wind.
19. A boy or man.
20. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
21. A male godchild.
22. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
24. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
26. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
28. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. A master's degree in fine arts.
32. Having been read.
33. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
37. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
41. A city in northwest Indiana on Lake Michigan.
44. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
46. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
47. Characterized by an absence of force or forcefulness.
50. (Roman mythology) God of love.
51. A sheltered and secluded place.
53. Most common species in Africa.
55. Indigo bush.
57. A large and stately mansion.
58. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
59. Jordan's port.
60. Anything of material value or usefulness.
61. Someone who is critical of the motives of others.
62. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
64. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
66. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
70. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
73. (informal) Of the highest quality.
75. A small cake leavened with yeast.
79. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
81. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
84. Belonging to or prescribed for celiac disease.
87. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
90. Devoid of brightness or appeal.
92. The capital of Croatia.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
96. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
98. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
99. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
100. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
101. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
102. Controlling influence.
103. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
3. Armor plate that protects the chest.
4. (statistics) Relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution.
5. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
6. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
7. A woman of refinement.
8. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
9. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
10. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
11. Being one more than fifty.
12. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
13. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
14. A vessel that carries passengers or freight v 1.
15. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
16. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
23. A genus of Platalea.
25. An informal term for a father.
27. Land and buildings together considered as a place of business.
31. Excess bodily weight.
34. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
35. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
36. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
38. (Old Testament) A judge of Israel who performed herculean feats of strength against the Philistines until he was betrayed to them by his mistress Delilah.
39. The animal order including amoebas.
40. Type genus of the Caryocaraceae.
42. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
43. Type genus of Cycadaceae.
45. Tastelessly showy.
48. A blood vessel that carries blood from the heart to the body.
49. (in music) Much.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
56. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
65. The cry made by sheep.
67. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
68. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
69. French novelist.
71. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
72. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
74. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
76. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
77. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
78. A recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing.
80. In a noble manner.
81. A slight amount or degree of difference.
82. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
83. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
85. A state in midwestern United States.
86. A pouch in many birds and some lower animals that resembles a stomach for storage and preliminary maceration of food.
88. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
89. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
91. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
93. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
97. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.