1. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
4. A heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects).
9. A covering to disguise or conceal the face.
13. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
16. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
17. Spicy sauce of tomatoes and onions and chili peppers to accompany Mexican foods.
18. American novelist (1909-1955).
19. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
20. A column of light (as from a beacon).
21. Of or relating to or like or in the manner of the Roman Seneca.
23. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
25. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
27. Wingless insect living in dark moist places as under dead tree trunks.
28. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
29. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. One or some or every or all without specification.
32. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
34. Any of several plants of the genus Achillea native to Europe and having small white flowers in flat-topped flower heads.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. Unknown god.
43. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
47. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
48. Being nine more than ninety.
49. (trademark) An acrylic fiber or the lightweight crease-resistant fabric made with Orlon yarns.
51. Forest bird of warm regions of the New World having brilliant lustrous plumage and long tails.
52. Complacently or inanely foolish.
54. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
55. An ancient Greek city famous for military prowess.
56. An extreme state of adversity.
57. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
58. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
59. Brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes.
61. A city in east central Texas.
62. A form of Japanese poetry.
66. A kind of person.
67. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
68. Being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the Civil War.
72. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. Used of a single unit or thing.
76. Attribute to a source or cause.
82. Highly excited.
85. The state that precedes vomiting.
87. Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923).
88. Dwarf shrub.
91. A person's brother or sister.
92. One of the proteins into which actomyosin can be split.
93. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
94. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
95. Beside one another in a row or rank.
97. Weapons considered collectively.
98. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
99. Having a dusty purplish pink color.
100. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
2. Wearing or provided with clothing.
3. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
4. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
5. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
6. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
7. One thousandth of a second.
8. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
9. Possessing qualities befitting a man.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. The intended recipient of a message.
12. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
13. In or of the month preceding the present one.
14. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
15. An agenda of things to do.
22. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
24. A short plaid coat made of made of thick woolen material.
26. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
30. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
33. Dwarf Mediterranean annual long cultivated for its aromatic seeds.
35. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
36. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
37. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
38. Genus of herbs and subshrubs having showy flowers.
39. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
40. Tropical American shrub bearing edible acid red fruit resembling cherries.
44. Any of numerous agile ruminants related to sheep but having a beard and straight horns.
45. United by being of the same opinion.
46. United States feminist and suffragist (1793-1880).
50. A complex polymer.
53. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
60. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
63. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
64. Type genus of the Anatidae.
65. The mints.
69. A support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute).
70. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
71. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
72. In or of the month preceding the present one.
75. A star that ejects some of its material in the form of a cloud and become more luminous in the process.
77. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
78. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
79. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
80. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
81. A member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas.
83. A releasing factor that accelerates the secretion of growth hormone by the anterior pituitary body.
84. Using speech rather than writing.
86. A genus of Mustelidae.
89. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
90. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
96. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.