1. A vigorous blow.
5. A science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A master's degree in education.
16. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
17. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
18. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
19. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
20. Lacking excess flesh.
21. A tapering point.
23. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
25. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
27. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
29. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
30. Large fish-eating Indian crocodilian with a long slender snout.
33. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
35. Long-bodied marine fishes having a long whiplike scaleless body and sharp teeth.
38. United States newspaper publisher who founded an important press association.
41. Declare or acknowledge to be true.
42. An honorary degree in science.
45. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
46. Wet through and through.
47. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
49. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in Washington and British Columbia.
51. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
52. Go on board.
55. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
56. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
59. An often persistent bodily disorder or disease.
61. A small amount of residue.
62. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
64. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
67. 1/1000 gram.
68. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
69. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
71. A flammable alcohol derived from butanes and used for solvents.
76. Very small silvery eellike schooling fishes that burrow into sandy beaches.
78. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
80. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
82. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
86. King of Judea who (according to the New Testament) tried to kill Jesus by ordering the death of all children under age two in Bethlehem (73-4 BC).
87. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
89. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
93. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
95. A master's degree in religion.
97. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
98. Long bench with backs.
99. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
100. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
101. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
1. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
4. The appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it.
5. A master's degree in business.
6. Stout-bodied broad-winged moth with conspicuously striped or spotted wings.
7. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
8. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
9. The brightest star in Cygnus.
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
14. Founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910).
15. Made of fir or pine.
22. The square of a body of any size of type.
24. Many and varied.
26. Showing signs of wear and tear.
28. An oil port in southern Iraq.
31. A state in the eastern United States.
32. Tropical American herbs sometimes included in genus Episcia.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
36. Showing adoration.
37. Tell or deposit (information) knowledge.
39. An innocuous or inert medication.
40. A republic in northwestern Africa on the coast of the Atlantic.
43. Anything that provides inspiration for later work.
44. Someone who asks a question.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
50. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
53. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
54. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
57. An airfoil that controls lateral motion.
58. A radioactive transuranic element.
60. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
63. (informal) Of the highest quality.
65. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
70. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
71. The brightest star in Cygnus.
72. A group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean.
73. United States lawyer famous for his defense of lost causes (1857-1938).
74. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
75. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
77. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
79. An upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling).
80. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
81. The basic unit of money in Albania.
83. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
84. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
85. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
88. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
90. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
91. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
92. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. A soft silvery metallic element.
96. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
97. Being one more than one hundred.