1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. A fertile tract in a desert (where the water table approaches the surface).
9. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
13. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
17. United States film maker (1897-1991).
18. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. A fractional monetary unit in Egypt and Lebanon and Sudan and Syria.
22. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
24. (informal) A witty amusing person who makes jokes.
25. (British) An abbreviation of pantomime.
26. An abdominal tumor.
29. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
31. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
33. A city on the Zhu Jiang delta in southern China.
36. Sports that involve bodies of water.
40. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
45. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. A written proposal or reminder.
49. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
51. An island in the Gulf of Guinea that is part of Sao Tome and Principe.
52. (British) Your grandmother.
54. Used in combination to denote the middle.
55. A town in central Belgium.
56. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
57. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
61. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
63. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
64. A boy or man.
67. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
68. Someone who travels by air.
69. Related on the mother's side.
74. A lyric poet.
75. Of people.
76. A housing for a radar antenna.
80. Informal terms for a mother.
82. Lower in esteem.
84. Suggestive of the supernatural.
88. A person who dribbles.
91. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
93. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
94. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
95. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
97. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
98. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
99. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
100. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
101. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
102. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
1. An inhabitant of Lappland.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
4. Eight-armed cephalopod lacking an internal shell.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
7. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
8. Dark somewhat brownish black n 1.
9. The dense colorless framework of a chloroplast.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
11. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
12. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
13. A state in the United States in the central Pacific on the Hawaiian Islands.
14. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
21. Felt hat with a creased crown.
23. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
27. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
28. A shot or scene that is photographed again v 1.
30. Not out.
32. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
34. Of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture.
35. Guinea fowl.
37. A unit of weight equal to 100 kilograms.
38. Given to haughty disregard of others.
39. A sheath for a sword or dagger or bayonet.
41. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
42. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
43. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
47. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
48. Follower of Rastafarianism.
50. Inability to walk.
53. One thousand grams.
58. In or of the month preceding the present one.
59. (Greek mythology) An Athenian inventor who built the Labyrinth of Minos.
60. A public promotion of some product or service.
62. American dramatist (1928- ).
65. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
66. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
70. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
71. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
72. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
73. An uproarious party.
77. State in northeastern India.
78. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
79. Any of numerous fruits of the gourd family having a hard rind and sweet juicy flesh.
81. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
83. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
85. A Hindu prince or king in India.
86. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
87. A very light brown.
89. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
90. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
92. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
96. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.