1. A decree that prohibits something.
4. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
9. Gull-like jaeger of northern seas.
13. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
16. How long something has existed.
17. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
18. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
19. An accountant certified by the state.
20. Cleansing agent consisting of soaps or detergents used for washing the hair.
22. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
24. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
25. French composer noted for his experimentalism and rejection of romanticism (1866-1925).
26. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
28. French naturalist who proposed that evolution resulted from the inheritance of acquired characteristics (1744-1829).
30. A bowl-shaped opening at the top of a volcano.
33. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
34. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
37. Hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers.
41. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
42. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
47. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Liveliness and energy.
51. A new embodiment of a familiar idea.
55. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
57. (Greek mythology) A hero and king of Athens who was noted for his many great deeds.
59. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
60. A region of northeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
62. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
63. Immediately past.
64. Half the width of an em.
65. A branch of the Tai languages.
68. A song that was formerly popular.
69. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
71. A person who seeks the advice of a lawyer.
75. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
76. Of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization.
77. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
80. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
82. An awkward stupid person.
84. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
88. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
90. The mother of your father or mother.
91. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
92. A strong emotion.
93. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
97. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
98. The month following March and preceding May.
99. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. Clean or orderly.
4. (psychoanalysis) That part of the unconscious mind that acts as a conscience.
5. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
6. Agile long-legged rabbit-sized rodent of Central and South America and West Indies.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. A substance that promotes drying (e.g., calcium oxide absorbs water and is used to remove moisture).
9. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
10. The third month of the civil year.
11. A member of the Uniat Church.
12. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
13. Not enough.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. One who works hard at boring tasks.
21. A metric unit of length equal to one millionth of a meter.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
29. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
32. Large genus of tropical American vines having showy often spotted umbellate flowers.
35. The paved surface of a thoroughfare.
36. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Adapin and Sinequan) with numerous side effects (dry mouth and sedation and gastrointestinal disturbances).
38. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
39. Imperfect development.
40. An open automobile having a front seat and a rumble seat.
43. Wipe away.
44. Lower in esteem.
49. A ceremonial procession including people marching.
52. A state in New England.
53. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
54. Be about.
56. Tested and proved useful or correct.
58. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
61. Belonging to some prior time.
66. Pain in the gums.
67. (Sumerian and Babylonian) A solar deity.
68. A substance that promotes drying (e.g., calcium oxide absorbs water and is used to remove moisture).
70. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
72. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
73. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
74. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
78. A deity or nymph of the woods.
79. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
81. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
83. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
85. (boxing) A blow with the fist.
86. Advanced in years.
87. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
89. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
94. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
96. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.