1. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
4. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
9. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
13. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
16. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
17. Lower in esteem.
18. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. City in central Iran.
22. God of war.
24. A decree that prohibits something.
25. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
26. Treacherously cowardly.
27. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
28. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
32. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
34. A set of tags and rules (conforming to SGML) for using them in developing hypertext documents.
36. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
38. A two-wheeled horse-drawn covered carriage with the driver's seat above and behind the passengers.
42. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
43. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
44. A resort city in western Florida.
45. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
46. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
51. An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole.
52. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
53. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
56. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
57. Someone to who a license is granted.
60. A light touch or stroke.
61. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
62. A major school of Buddhism teaching social concern and universal salvation.
63. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
66. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
67. A town in western Kentucky on the Ohio River.
70. Before noon.
71. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
72. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
74. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
75. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
77. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
81. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
84. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
85. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
88. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
89. Perennial mountain rice native to Mediterranean region and introduced into North America.
91. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
94. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
95. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
96. Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
98. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
99. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
100. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
101. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
102. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
103. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
1. The short weak cry of a young bird.
2. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
3. Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
4. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
5. A port city in southwestern Iran.
6. A nation in northern North America.
7. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
8. One who professes great sensitivity to the beauty of art and nature.
9. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
10. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
11. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
12. Type genus of the Otariidae.
13. A desert in central Asia.
14. Singing jazz.
15. Type genus of the Ranidae.
21. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
23. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
28. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
33. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
35. Impregnate with thorium oxide to increase thermionic emission.
37. Type genus of the Amiidae.
39. The act of damaging something or someone.
40. A speech sound produced with both the oral and nasal passages open (as French nasal vowels).
41. Any of several malignant neoplasms (usually of the skin) consisting of melanocytes.
47. Russian country house.
48. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
49. A particular environment or walk of life.
50. Make uniform.
54. The grasses.
55. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
58. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
59. A Mid-Atlantic state.
64. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
65. Any of numerous plants widely cultivated for their showy single or double red or pink or white flowers.
68. An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead.
69. 10 grams.
73. An unwholesome atmosphere.
76. Somewhat ill or prone to illness.
77. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
78. Being or given to servile imitation.
79. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
80. Jordan's port.
81. An elaborate song for solo voice.
82. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
83. Slightly open.
86. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
87. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
90. A periodic paperback publication.
91. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
92. (informal) Roused to anger.
93. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.