1. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
4. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
8. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
12. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
17. Cleanse (one's body) with soap and water.
18. Ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse.
19. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
20. The second day of the week.
21. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
22. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
23. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
24. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. Poorly stated or described.
28. A cookout at the seashore where clams and fish and other foods are cooked--usually on heated stones covered with seaweed.
30. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
32. A Russian river.
34. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
37. A French abbot.
43. A white trivalent metallic element.
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
45. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
46. English historian noted for his history of England (1800-1859).
48. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
53. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
54. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
56. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
59. The seventh month of the civil year.
64. (electronics) Designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel.
65. Characterized by the use of period costume or fancy dress.
67. (Welsh) Corresponds to Iris Ler.
69. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
70. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
73. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
75. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
78. Port city and the capital and largest city of Sierra Leone.
82. Having existed from the beginning.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
87. Beat severely with a whip or rod.
89. In a tidy manner.
90. Being six more than fifty.
91. An obsolete name for nitrogen.
92. Type genus of the Apidae.
94. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
95. Towards the side away from the wind.
96. An exhibition of cowboy skills.
97. A caress with the lips.
98. An electrically charged particle.
1. Wood of a sumac.
2. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
3. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
4. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
5. A Pacific island north of Australia.
6. A member of the Tungus speaking people of Mongolian race who are a nomadic people widely spread over eastern Siberia.
7. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
8. In a state of sleep.
9. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
10. Brown or blackish Alpine mosses having a dehiscent capsule with 4 longitudinal slits.
11. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
12. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
13. Humorously vulgar.
14. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
15. A primeval personification of air and breath.
25. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
27. Type genus of the Anatidae.
29. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
33. Made of fir or pine.
35. Type genus of the Odobenidae.
36. A potent narcotic antagonist (trade name Narcan) especially effective with morphine.
38. French aviator who in 1909 made the first flight across the English Channel (1872-1936).
39. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. Made of or easily forming flakes.
47. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
49. A port and tourist center in southwestern Italy.
52. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
55. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
57. An associate degree in nursing.
58. Smeared with something that soils or stains.
60. An upright that is a member in a door or window frame.
61. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
62. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
63. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
66. Hard tough wood of an elm tree.
67. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
68. An alcoholic beverage made from fermented mare's milk.
69. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
71. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
72. Inflammation of the iris.
74. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
76. Express in speech.
77. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
79. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
80. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
81. Pasta shaped like pearls of barley.
83. Being one more than seven.
84. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
85. A city in east-central France on the Rhone River.
88. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
93. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.