1. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
4. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
9. Any thick messy substance.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
17. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
18. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
19. A victory (as in a race or other competition).
20. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
21. Citadel of Moscow, housing the offices of the Russian government.
23. A fixed number of lines of verse forming a unit of a poem.
25. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
27. An intellectual (who is bald?).
29. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
30. Genus of Old World tropical herbs.
32. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
34. A white trivalent metallic element.
36. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
37. Any federal law-enforcement officer.
38. A substance that is used as a medicine or narcotic v 1.
41. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
42. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. Clean or orderly.
47. Used of a single unit or thing.
48. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
51. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
53. A Latin American (disparaging) term for foreigners (especially Americans and Englishmen).
55. A town in southwestern Idaho.
56. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
58. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
60. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
62. Type genus of the Sulidae.
63. The sign language used in the United States.
64. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
66. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
67. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
68. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
70. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
72. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
73. Tag the base runner to get him out.
76. English historian noted for his history of England (1800-1859).
79. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
84. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
85. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
86. Queen of England as the third wife of Henry VIII and mother of Edward VI (1509-1537).
90. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
93. A genus of fungi belonging to the family Geastraceae.
95. Contrary to or forbidden by law.
97. Bright and pleasant.
98. Male red deer.
99. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
101. A message received and understood that reduces the recipient's uncertainty.
102. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
103. Being here now.
104. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
105. A branch of the Tai languages.
106. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
4. Relating to the use of or having the nature of an interrogation.
5. Genus of annual or perennial Old World prickly thistles.
6. A cry or shout of approval.
7. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
8. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
9. Necrotic tissue.
10. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
11. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
12. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
13. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
14. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
15. Type genus of the Anatidae.
22. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
24. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
26. A spontaneous loss of consciousness caused by insufficient blood to the brain.
28. The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal).
31. Jordan's port.
33. The part of the skull that encloses the brain.
35. Clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing.
39. In former classifications a major division of Mammalia comprising all hoofed mammals.
40. Divination by means of signs connected with the earth (as points taken at random or the arrangement of particles thrown down at random or from the configuration of a region and its relation to another).
43. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
45. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
46. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
49. Small cold-water silvery fish.
50. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
52. United States dancer and choreographer who collaborated with Ruth Saint Denis (1891-1972).
54. To such an extent or degree.
57. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
59. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
61. A large quantity of written matter.
65. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
69. Make larger.
70. Relating to the use of or having the nature of an interrogation.
71. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
74. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
75. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
77. A bottle with a stopper.
78. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
80. Social status or position conferred by a system based on class.
81. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
82. State in northeastern India.
83. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
87. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
88. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
89. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
90. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
91. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
92. Two items of the same kind.
94. Fiddler crabs.
96. Pan with a convex bottom.
100. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.