1. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
8. A man who is a stupid fool.
12. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
16. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
17. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
18. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
19. Type genus of the Amiidae.
20. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
22. A kind of polyester fabric.
24. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
25. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
28. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
29. The act of ceding.
31. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
32. A political leader (especially of Tammany Hall).
37. An easy victory.
41. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
42. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
45. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
46. Type genus of the Apidae.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
51. Australasian kingfishers.
53. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
57. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
58. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
59. Soft creamy white cheese.
60. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
62. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
66. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
68. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
69. Being one more than one hundred.
70. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
71. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
73. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
76. Small genus of deciduous West Indian trees or shrubs.
79. Coins collectively.
81. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
83. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
84. Used especially in treating bruises.
85. A small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord.
90. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
93. Jordan's port.
95. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
96. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
98. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
101. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
102. A doctor's degree in education.
103. A French abbot.
104. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
105. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
1. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
2. (informal terms) "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going".
3. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
4. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
7. At full speed.
8. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
9. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
10. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
11. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
12. Durable fragrant wood.
13. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
14. The Destroyer.
15. A branch of the Tai languages.
21. United States aviator who held several speed records and headed the women's Air Force pilots in World War II (1910-1980).
23. Tooth on the rim of gear wheel.
26. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
27. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
30. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
33. A studio especially for an artist or designer.
34. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. A Russian river.
38. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Milan or its people.
40. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
43. Impairment resulting from long use.
44. Youngest daughter of the prophet Mohammed and wife of the fourth calif Ali.
50. Cricket frogs.
52. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
54. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
55. Successfully completed or brought to an end.
56. English Romantic poet (1795-1821).
61. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
64. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
65. The condition of having no arms.
67. An establishment on the waterfront where vessels are built or fitted out or repaired.
69. A decree that prohibits something.
72. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
74. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
77. (informal) Of the highest quality.
78. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
80. Talk pompously.
81. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
82. That is to say.
86. Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north.
87. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
88. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
89. South African term for `boss'.
91. A light touch or stroke.
92. Used of a single unit or thing.
94. Related by blood.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
99. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
100. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.