1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
9. The highest level or degree attainable.
13. A decree that prohibits something.
16. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
17. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
18. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
19. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
20. Genus of tropical trees.
22. Remove the hand from.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
25. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
27. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
31. A bottle with a stopper.
33. Called forth from a latent or potential state by stimulation.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
36. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
37. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
38. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
45. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
49. German philosopher whose three stage process of dialectical reasoning was adopted by Karl Marx (1770-1831).
50. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
52. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
53. A local computer network for communication between computers.
54. Capital and largest city of Italy.
56. Absent without permission.
60. The amount a salary is increased.
61. Music composed for dancing the saraband.
63. Spartan general who defeated the Athenians in the final battle of the Peloponnesian War (died in 395 BC).
64. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
65. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
68. The sign language used in the United States.
69. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
70. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
71. act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.
72. Like or full of suet.
76. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
78. English writer (born in Ireland) (1713-1766).
80. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
88. The weather in some location averaged over some long period of time.
91. The capital of Western Samoa.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
95. British composer (1857-1934).
96. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
97. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
98. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
99. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
100. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
101. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
1. A mass of small bubbles formed in or on a liquid.
2. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
3. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
4. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
5. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
6. Jordan's port.
7. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
8. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
9. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
10. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
11. Having unnatural mannerisms.
12. Widely cultivated herb with leaves valued as salad green.
13. Any of various units of capacity.
14. With rapid movements.
15. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
21. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
26. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
28. A professional performer who tells jokes and performs comic acts.
32. Having a gradual increase in width.
35. Cut off the testicles.
39. (of winds) Coming from the sea toward the land.
40. Refuse to acknowledge.
41. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
42. (prosody) Of or consisting of spondees.
43. God of love and erotic desire.
44. Scottish historian who wrote about the French Revolution (1795-1881).
46. All the New World monkeys except marmosets and tamarins.
47. (superlative of `close') Indicating the one of several that is the shortest distance away adv.
48. Used of persons or behavior.
55. Cook in liquid.
57. United States economist who proposed the Laffer curve (born in 1940).
58. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
59. By bad luck.
62. Being in a state of proper balance or equilibrium.
66. Genus of American of east Asian perennial herbs with yellow to orange or red flower rays.
67. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
73. Fiddler crabs.
74. A design fixed to some surface or a paper bearing the design to be transferred to the surface.
75. A boy or man.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
78. A cheap disreputable nightclub or dance hall.
79. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
80. A heavy precious metallic element.
81. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
82. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
84. A quantity that is added.
85. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
86. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
89. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
90. (informal) Roused to anger.
92. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.