1. God of the earth.
4. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
8. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
12. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. The largest and southernmost island in the Marianas.
18. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
19. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
20. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
21. Made smaller or less by melting or erosion or vaporization.
23. Type genus of Liliaceae.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. Light-colored and fine-grained granitic rock consisting chiefly of quartz and feldspars.
28. In accord with the latest fad.
29. An oil port in southern Iraq.
32. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
34. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
35. A bottle with a stopper.
37. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in Sichuan.
41. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
44. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
45. An Asian river between China and Russia.
46. The organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
51. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
52. Of short duration or distance.
54. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
58. Before noon.
60. Being one more than nine.
61. Not divisible by two.
62. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
64. Some abrupt occurrence that interrupts.
66. A grant made by a law court.
68. A nap in the early afternoon (especially in hot countries).
70. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
71. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
72. In operation or operational.
73. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
76. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
77. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
78. A group of island in eastern Indonesia between Celebes and New Guinea.
81. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
83. In bed.
85. The capital and largest city of Greece.
86. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
87. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
88. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
90. A state in southeastern United States.
93. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
96. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
99. An ancient board game resembling backgammon.
101. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
102. Large heavily built goat antelope of eastern Himalayan area.
104. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
105. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
106. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
107. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
108. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
2. Any plant of the genus Erica.
3. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
6. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
7. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
8. A tray for making cubes of ice in a refrigerator.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
11. A low triangular area where a river divides before entering a larger body of water.
12. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
13. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
14. Praise, glorify, or honor.
15. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
22. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
24. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
26. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
30. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
31. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
33. Ancient Greek philosopher who formulated paradoxes that defended the belief that motion and change are illusory (circa 495-430 BC).
36. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
38. The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate.
39. Able to understand and use numbers.
40. The father of your father or mother.
42. A mute for a violin.
43. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
53. A charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers.
55. The superior of a group of nuns.
56. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
57. Hoary alyssum.
59. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
65. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
67. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
69. Fried quickly in a little fat.
74. A flat cake of thin batter fried on both sides on a griddle.
75. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
79. 1 species.
80. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 100 pounds.
82. A large fleet.
84. Any cognitive content held as true.
89. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
91. Deliver by singing.
92. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
93. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
94. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
95. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
97. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
98. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
100. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
103. A bachelor's degree in science.