1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. A fraudulent business scheme.
8. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
12. Informal terms for a meal.
16. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
17. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
18. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
19. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
20. Of or relating to or near the sacrum.
22. A motley assortment of things.
24. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
25. Belonging to some prior time.
26. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
31. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
32. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
34. The act of using.
38. Type genus of the Elopidae.
41. A state in north central United States.
42. Offering fun and gaiety.
44. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
46. Related on the mother's side.
49. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
51. God of wealth and love.
53. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
54. Remote and separate physically or socially.
55. Mixed with impurities.
56. A tributary of the Rhine.
57. Your general store of remembered information.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. A family of birds of the suborder Oscines.
61. Showing or characterized by broad-mindedness.
63. Located inward.
65. A member of a European people who occupied Britain and Spain and Gaul in pre-Roman times.
66. Rounded like an egg.
69. Wood of a pecan tree.
73. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
74. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
75. A state in northwestern North America.
79. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
88. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
89. The body of people who lead a group.
90. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
91. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
93. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
95. A Loloish language.
96. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
97. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
98. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
99. Praise, glorify, or honor.
1. In addition.
2. Lacking excess flesh.
3. A football game in which two teams of 11 players try to kick or head a ball into the opponents' goal.
4. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
5. Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
8. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
9. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
10. Cook in liquid.
11. One millionth of a gram.
12. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
13. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
14. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
15. Someone who skis.
21. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
27. Asiatic wild dog.
30. A lawyer who pleads cases in court.
33. Having a capacity for adaptation.
35. A shoe consisting of a sole fastened by straps to the foot.
36. Talking idly or incoherently.
37. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
39. One related on the father's side.
40. Thin sheet of filled dough rolled and baked.
43. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
45. The housing or outer covering of something.
47. Drawn into the lungs.
48. Loggerhead turtles.
50. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
52. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
59. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
62. Exultantly proud and joyful.
64. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
67. A city in western California on San Francisco Bay opposite San Francisco.
68. Extremely pleasing.
70. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
71. A chain of connected ideas or passages or objects so arranged that each member is closely related to the preceding and following members (especially a series of patristic comments elucidating Christian dogma).
72. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
76. A violin made by Antonio Stradivari or a member of his family.
77. Cold-water fish caught in Lake Superior and northward.
78. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
80. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
81. A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports.
82. On or toward the lee.
83. A public promotion of some product or service.
84. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
85. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
86. A Loloish language.
87. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
92. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
94. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.