1. A light touch or stroke.
4. State in northeastern India.
9. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
13. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
16. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
17. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
21. United States prizefighter who was world heavyweight campion for 12 years (1914-1981).
22. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
23. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
24. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Thin wafer-like bread of Scandinavia.
29. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
31. Pertaining to or concerned with the humanities.
33. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
36. A state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms.
40. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
42. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
45. The basic unit of money in Macao.
49. Large shrimp sauteed in oil or butter and garlic.
51. Largest known toad species.
52. United States space station.
53. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
55. Fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air.
56. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
57. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
59. Formerly included in genus Cedrela.
61. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
62. A reappearance of an earlier characteristic.
64. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
65. Someone who twirls a baton.
67. Add ions to.
70. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
71. Affecting things past.
73. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
75. (Welsh) A warrior god.
77. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
78. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
80. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
82. The act of scanning.
87. A city of southeastern Mexico.
90. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
92. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
94. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
95. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
96. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
97. Toward the mouth or oral region.
98. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
99. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
100. Supporting yourself on your knees.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. The commonest type of solidified lava.
4. The sign language used in the United States.
5. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
6. (Old Testament) The first king of the Israelites who defended Israel against many enemies (especially the Philistines).
7. An elaborate song for solo voice.
8. A thin fog with condensation near the ground v 1.
9. An island republic on Nauru Island.
10. Great coolness and composure under strain.
11. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
14. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
15. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
25. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
27. God of wealth and love.
28. Read anew.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
34. A vigorous blow.
35. Soft Italian cheese like cottage cheese.
37. Of or relating to a nail or claw or hoof.
38. French underwater explorer (born in 1910).
39. Any of various widely distributed beetles.
41. A genus of Psittacidae.
43. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
44. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
46. A dictator or dictatorial person.
47. The federal government of the United States.
48. Lower in esteem.
50. Famous chief of the Ottawa who led an unsuccessful rebellion against the British (1715-1769).
58. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
60. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
63. Any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa Asia and Australia.
66. Become less tense.
68. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
69. One thousand periods per second.
72. A special loved one.
74. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
76. Filled with a great quantity.
79. Of or in or relating to the nose.
81. Any taillike structure.
83. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
84. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
85. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
86. A rounded projection or protuberance.
87. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
88. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
89. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
91. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
92. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
93. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.