1. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
4. The brightest star in Virgo.
9. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
13. An honorary degree in science.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. (trademark) An acrylic fiber or the lightweight crease-resistant fabric made with Orlon yarns.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
20. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
22. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
24. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
25. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
26. A soft blackish-brown resinous exudate from various rockroses used in perfumes especially as a fixative.
28. Type genus of the Gavidae.
30. A folded part (as a fold of skin or muscle).
33. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. Reduce to lay status.
45. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
47. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
48. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
49. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
52. English monk and scholar (672-735).
54. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
55. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
56. The cry made by sheep.
57. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
59. Austrian physicist and philosopher who introduced the Mach number and who founded logical positivism (1838-1916).
60. The month following February and preceding April.
63. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
64. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
68. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
70. Brown or blackish Alpine mosses having a dehiscent capsule with 4 longitudinal slits.
73. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
75. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
78. Solid swollen underground bulb-shaped stem or stem base and serving as a reproductive structure.
79. An appearance of reflected light.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. The act of mimicking.
84. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
88. Type genus of the Anatidae.
92. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
93. Greenish-yellow pear.
94. Having no odor.
95. Very dark black.
96. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
97. Squash bugs and leaf-footed bugs.
98. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
1. With no effort to conceal.
2. A slender double-reed instrument.
3. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
4. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
5. Written matter preceding the main text of a book.
6. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
7. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
8. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
9. Not clearly understood or expressed.
10. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
11. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
12. A river in northern Italy that flows southeast into the Adriatic Sea.
13. Speaking a Slavic language.
14. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
15. An informal term for a father.
21. Surpassing what is common or usual or expected.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. An antibiotic (trade name Azactam) used against severe infections.
31. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
32. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
34. A canvas or leather bag for carrying game (especially birds) killed by a hunter.
35. Aromatic evergreen or deciduous dioecious shrubs or trees of eastern Asia and North America.
36. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
37. English actor who edited the first folio of Shakespeare's plays (1556-1630).
38. Achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods.
40. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
41. The condition of having no arms.
42. A relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter).
44. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
46. In full operation.
50. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
51. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
53. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
58. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
61. A decree that prohibits something.
62. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
65. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
66. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
67. An apparatus for exposing something to the air (as sewage).
68. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
69. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
70. Speaking a Slavic language.
71. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
72. United by being of the same opinion.
73. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
74. An enclosed space.
76. (of a musical instrument) Intermediate between alto and baritone or bass.
77. Lower in esteem.
80. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
83. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
85. A small cake leavened with yeast.
86. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
87. A narrow way or road.
89. A licensed medical practitioner.
90. A rapid bustling commotion.
91. The compass point midway between south and southeast.