1. A native American tent.
5. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
9. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
13. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
16. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
17. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
18. By bad luck.
19. Be obliged to pay or repay.
20. Very light colored.
21. Type genus of the Majidae.
22. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
23. (Roman Catholic) A greeting signifying Christian love for those assisting at the Eucharist.
24. Short and fat.
26. An unofficial association of people or groups.
28. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
30. A city and port in northern Jutland.
33. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
34. One who assists a minister in a liturgical service.
37. Personification of the sky or upper air breathed by the Olympians.
39. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
40. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
43. English philologist (1835-1912).
47. On, to, or at the top.
49. Any competition.
51. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
52. Suggestive of the supernatural.
53. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
54. An island of central Hawaii.
57. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
58. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
61. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
62. A lizard of the family Agamidae.
64. Kindly endorsement and guidance.
66. A genetic abnormality resulting in short stature.
69. A white trivalent metallic element.
70. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
74. A person active in party politics.
77. Related on the mother's side.
79. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
80. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
82. To patch up or renovate.
85. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
89. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
90. Absence of the mammary glands (either through surgery or developmental defect).
92. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
93. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
95. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
97. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
98. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
99. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
100. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
101. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
1. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. Argentine armadillo with six movable bands and hairy underparts.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
5. (informal) Of very poor quality.
6. Render capable or able for some task.
7. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
8. The excrement of sea birds.
9. The bill in a restaurant.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of Assam or its people or culture.
13. A yellow quartz.
14. Form metals with a swage.
15. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
25. Common Indian weaverbird.
27. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
29. Become dark or darker.
31. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
32. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
35. Passerine bird of New World tropics.
36. Presence of excess lipids in the blood.
38. A bachelor's degree in theology.
41. Singing jazz.
42. A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War.
44. Having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed.
45. A system of conveying mail by aircraft.
46. An act of being a tenant or occupant.
48. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
50. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
55. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
56. A master's degree in library science.
59. Someone whose business is advertising.
60. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
63. A small island.
65. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
67. Relating to totemism.
68. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
71. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
72. Any of various drums with small heads.
73. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
75. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
76. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
77. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
78. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
81. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
83. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
84. Small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America.
86. Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified.
87. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
88. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
91. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. A public promotion of some product or service.
96. A Loloish language.