1. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. A native or inhabitant of Sweden.
9. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
13. French marshal in the Napoleonic Wars (1769-1815).
16. A boy or man.
17. Showing fear and lack of confidence.
18. A boy or man.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Cause to be embarrassed.
22. (Greek mythology) A woman transformed into a Gorgon by Athena.
24. Any of the threadlike filaments forming the mycelium of a fungus.
26. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
29. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
30. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
32. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
34. One thousand grams.
36. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
37. English potter who started a pottery famous for its bone china (1754-1827).
40. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
44. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
45. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
47. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
49. The act of losing.
51. Scatter manure or fertilizer over (land).
56. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
57. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
58. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
59. (prefix) Within.
60. United States impresario who was born in Russia (1888-1974).
62. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
64. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
66. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
67. Type genus of the Otariidae.
69. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
70. A motley assortment of things.
73. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
74. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
76. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
85. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
87. (informal) Subject to accident or chance or change.
89. A resident of Arkansas.
92. A medium for oil-paints.
93. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
95. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
96. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
97. A signer of a 1679 address to Charles II in which those who petitioned for the reconvening of Parliament were condemned and abhorred.
99. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
100. A light clear metallic sound as of a small bell.
101. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
102. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
1. By bad luck.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
4. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
5. A midwestern state in north central United States.
6. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
7. A character used in printing to indicate a cross reference or footnote.
8. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
9. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
10. A long chair.
11. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
12. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
13. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
14. Not fake or counterfeit.
15. Not only so, but.
21. Brown algae with rounded bladders forming dense floating masses in tropical Atlantic waters as in the Sargasso Sea.
23. A state of commotion and loud confused noise.
25. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
27. A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
33. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
35. Having the shape of a sphere or ball.
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
39. A small amount of residue.
41. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
42. Goddess of fate.
43. Pertaining to or containing or similar to ammonia.
46. (in music) Much.
50. Lean end of the neck.
52. Ancient Athenian philosopher.
53. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
54. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
55. A cooperative unit.
61. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
63. An evergreen tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in tropical America and Africa and Asia.
65. A roofed arcade or gallery with open sides stretching along the front or side of a building.
68. A state in midwestern United States.
71. Intensely stirred up especially by anger or resentment.
72. A succulent orange-sized tropical fruit with a thick rind.
73. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
77. An awkward stupid person.
78. The capital of Turkey.
79. Type genus of the Annonaceae.
80. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
81. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
82. A tower for guiding pilots or marking the turning point in a race.
83. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
84. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
86. A beautiful and graceful girl.
87. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
88. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
90. Affected manners intended to impress others.
91. A connecting point at which several lines come together.
94. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
98. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.