1. The sound made by a gentle blow.
4. (Japanese) A translucent screen made of a wooden frame covered with rice paper.
9. Moderate or restrain.
13. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
16. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
17. Type genus of the Cebidae.
18. English essayist (1775-1834).
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
22. A small tessera.
25. Irish prelate who deduced from the Bible that Creation occurred in the year 4004 BC (1581-1656).
27. Widely separated especially in space.
28. God of the Underworld.
29. A genus of Nymphalidae.
31. (of reproduction) Not involving the fusion of male and female gametes reproduction".
33. Prolific Flemish baroque painter.
35. A state in New England.
36. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
39. Any plant of the genus Erica.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A wine bottle made of leather.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
48. A short moral story (often with animal characters).
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
51. (Akkadian) Mother of the gods and consort of Apsu.
54. An awkward stupid person.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
59. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
62. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
63. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
64. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
66. Any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency.
68. Having a heading or course in a certain direction.
71. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
72. A colorless volatile highly inflammable liquid used as an inhalation anesthetic.
73. A story about mythical or supernatural beings or events.
74. Very small silvery eellike schooling fishes that burrow into sandy beaches.
76. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
78. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
79. A rapid bustling commotion.
80. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
81. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
85. Evergreen shrubs or small trees of Australia and New Zealand.
88. An event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future.
90. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. Whitish soft-bodied ant-like social insect that feeds on wood.
95. Depressing in character or appearance.
97. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
98. Tropical New World lizard with a long tail and large rectangular scales on the belly and a long tail.
99. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
101. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
102. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
103. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
104. A quantity of no importance.
105. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
1. An aromatic balsam.
2. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
3. Command against.
4. A white trivalent metallic element.
5. Made warm or hot.
6. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. French botanist who categorized plants into families and developed a system of plant classification (1748-1836).
8. A battle (333 BC) in which Alexander the Great defeated the Persians under Darius III.
9. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
10. Report or maintain.
11. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
12. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
13. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
14. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
15. A small cake leavened with yeast.
21. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
23. Half the width of an em.
24. A language of Australian aborigines.
26. Type genus of the Ranidae.
30. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
32. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
34. Extravasation of urine into the scrotal sac.
37. Place a value on.
38. One who helps or encourages or incites another.
40. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
41. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
42. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
43. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
46. A New England state.
49. A Russian soup usually containing beet juice as a foundation.
52. A large fleet.
53. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
56. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
57. Characterized by intense emotion.
60. A compound formed by an addition reaction.
61. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
65. A selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor commonly prescribed as an antidepressant (trade name Zoloft).
67. Spider monkeys.
69. Small Old and New World herons.
70. Fixed or established especially by order or command.
71. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
75. Necessary for relief or supply.
77. A tort consisting of false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person.
82. Someone whose business is advertising.
83. Naturally having skin of a dark color.
84. A slender graceful young woman.
86. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
87. An elaborate song for solo voice.
89. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
93. A unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
94. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
96. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
100. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.