1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. God of love and erotic desire.
8. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
12. Petty quarrel.
16. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
17. By bad luck.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
20. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
21. Of or relating to the Sinhalese languages.
23. Positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. United States anatomist who identified four pituitary hormones and discovered vitamin E (1882-1971).
28. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
29. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
33. A support that consists of a horizontal surface for holding objects.
40. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
43. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
46. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
48. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
50. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
51. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
52. (KNO3) Used especially as a fertilizer and explosive.
53. A man who serves as a sailor.
54. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
55. Italian fashion designer (1946-1997).
57. A genus of Lamnidae.
59. A heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges.
60. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
61. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
62. Of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible.
63. Deliberately arranged for effect.
67. A state in midwestern United States.
68. Fill to satisfaction.
69. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
71. City in central Iran.
74. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
77. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
78. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
80. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
81. Showing a sense of guilt.
83. Leafless East Indian vine.
87. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
91. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
92. Herbs or shrubs or small trees.
94. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
95. God of death.
96. Art that is produced with the help of computer hardware and software.
97. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
1. Music performed for dancing the polka.
2. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
3. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
4. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
5. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
6. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
7. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
8. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. Tag the base runner to get him out.
12. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. A primeval personification of air and breath.
15. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
22. The eleventh month of the civil year.
24. Show a response or a reaction to something.
26. Used in some especially older classifications.
30. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
31. (of time) Having passed or slipped by.
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
34. Able to act at will.
35. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
36. A dark gray mineral with a metallic luster that is a source of tin.
37. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
38. A river in central Brazil that flows generally northward (with many falls) to join the Tocantins River.
39. Portuguese navigator in the service of Spain.
41. A short aria.
42. (military) Withdrawal to a more favorable position.
44. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
45. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
47. The Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people.
49. Remove from memory or existence.
56. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
58. Lower in esteem.
64. A place where the wicked are punished after death.
65. A relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body.
66. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
70. A battle in 1645 that settled the outcome of the first English Civil War as the Parliamentarians won a major victory over the Royalists.
72. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
73. Any of several crested Old World birds with a slender down-curving bill.
74. The force of workers available.
75. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
76. A boy or man.
79. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
82. Israeli statesman (born in Russia) (1898-1978).
84. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
85. A unit of length equal to 1760 yards.
86. Chief port of Yemen.
88. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
90. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
93. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.