1. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
5. Material used to daub walls.
9. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
13. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
16. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
17. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
18. The sixth month of the civil year.
19. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
20. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
21. 1 species.
23. A port and state capital of Tasmania.
25. State in northeastern India.
27. A city in western Kenya.
28. The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein.
29. An informal term for a father.
30. A quantity of no importance.
32. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
35. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
40. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
45. A strong flame that burns brightly.
46. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
47. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
50. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
51. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
55. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
56. Being one more than three.
57. An associate degree in nursing.
58. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
60. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
61. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
64. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
67. A small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Lupus and Ara in the Milky Way.
72. In a random manner.
76. A yellow quartz.
79. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
80. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
85. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
88. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
89. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
90. An acute and serious infection of the central nervous system caused by bacterial infection of open wounds.
92. Jutting or overhanging.
93. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
94. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
95. English monk and scholar (672-735).
97. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
98. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
99. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
100. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
101. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
1. Flat tableland with steep edges.
2. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
3. In the Roman calendar.
4. Covered with paving material.
5. A unit of pain intensity.
6. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
7. Relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area.
8. The major mountain range of Bulgaria and the Balkan Peninsula.
9. A native-born Israeli.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
13. Wearing or provided with clothing.
14. A republic in western South America.
15. Swiss hotelier who created a chain of elegant hotels (1850-1918).
22. The audible part of a transmitted signal.
24. An early Christian church designed like a Roman basilica.
26. The month following February and preceding April.
31. A Mid-Atlantic state.
33. Armor plate that protects legs below the knee.
34. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
36. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
37. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
38. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
39. Applying to all or most members of a category or group.
41. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
42. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
43. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
44. Tropical Asian starlings.
49. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
52. In accordance with nature.
53. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
54. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
59. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
62. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
68. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
69. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
70. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
71. A sum of money paid.
72. Wearing or provided with clothing.
73. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
74. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
75. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
77. A viewer who gives a flirtatious or lewd look at another person.
78. A material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses.
81. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
82. An informal term for a father.
83. A compound in which the hydrogen atoms of a hydrocarbon have been replaced by bromine and other halogen atoms.
84. A particular environment or walk of life.
86. A slow pace of running.
87. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
88. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
91. Serving as an essential component.
92. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
96. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.