1. Perceive sound.
5. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
9. The central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work.
13. Informal terms for a mother.
16. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
17. The act of catching an object with the hands.
18. Any period of seven consecutive days.
19. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
20. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
21. (formal) By means of this.
23. Of a light brownish color.
25. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
26. Freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices (especially in behavior or speech).
28. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
31. Any unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbon.
33. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
35. A mineral consisting of cuprous oxide that is a source of copper.
37. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
40. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
41. Small very thin pancake.
45. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
49. (medieval Europe) A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord.
50. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
52. (informal) Of the highest quality.
53. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
55. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
56. The eighth month of the civil year.
57. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
59. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
61. A unit of pressure.
62. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
65. Being three more than forty.
67. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
70. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
71. The stage of meiosis or mitosis when chromosomes move toward opposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
73. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
74. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
75. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
76. Characteristic of false pride.
79. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
82. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
89. American dramatist (1928- ).
90. Edible mushroom.
91. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
92. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
93. Excessively fat.
95. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
97. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
98. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
99. A comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations.
100. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
101. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
1. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
2. A town in north central Oklahoma.
3. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
4. A ribbon used as a decoration.
5. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
6. Administer an oil or ointment to.
7. Of or relating to or containing barium.
8. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
9. (Welsh) Underworld god.
10. That is to say.
11. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
12. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
13. Very large red gum tree.
14. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
15. A noisy riotous fight.
22. Make numb or insensitive.
24. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
27. Type genus of the Corixidae.
30. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
32. Make an etching of.
34. The ordinary person.
36. A colorless liquid aldehyde.
38. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
39. Any of a group of enzymes (trade name Lactaid) that hydrolyze lactose to glucose and galactose.
42. Double star 15.7 light years from Earth.
43. Famous chief of the Ottawa who led an unsuccessful rebellion against the British (1715-1769).
44. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
46. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living around Cayuga Lake in New York state.
47. A lyric poet.
48. The event of dying or departure from life.
51. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Helios and mother of Ariadne.
54. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
58. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
63. Someone who pays for goods or services.
64. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. In ancient Semitic folklore.
68. The cry made by sheep.
69. A member of a North American Indian people of central Arizona.
70. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
72. Of or concerning this.
77. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
78. City in Sudan.
80. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
81. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
82. An unofficial association of people or groups.
83. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
84. On or toward the lee.
85. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
86. Fallow deer.
87. Being three more than fifty.
88. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
94. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
96. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.