1. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
5. Match badly.
13. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
17. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
18. A fast-growing tropical American evergreen having white flowers and white fleshy edible fruit.
19. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
20. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
21. A trinket or piece of jewelry thought to be a protection against evil.
22. Type genus of the Ranidae.
23. Gull-like jaeger of northern seas.
24. Central nervous system stimulant (trade name Ritalin) used in the treatment of narcolepsy in adults and attention deficit disorder in children.
27. The act of escaping physically.
29. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
31. Hawthorn of southern United States bearing juicy acid scarlet fruit often used in jellies or preserves.
37. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
38. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
39. Water frozen in the solid state.
41. An archaic term for a boundary.
43. Cheap and shoddy.
46. Member of a Jewish sect that observes a form of strict Orthodox Judaism.
50. Located on a side.
51. The month following August and preceding October.
52. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
54. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
56. The act of catching an object with the hands.
57. Small arboreal tropical American insectivorous lizards with the ability to change skin color.
60. Either of two flat triangular bones one on each side of the shoulder in human beings.
62. Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside).
63. Made of grain or relating to grain or the plants that produce it.
65. A bell tower.
66. The habitation of wild animals.
67. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
68. Undergo ulceration.
72. Give expression or emotion to, in a stage or movie role.
74. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
76. A two-wheeled horse-drawn covered carriage with the driver's seat above and behind the passengers.
81. A member of the Algonquian people of NE Maine and New Brunswick.
84. A hormone secreted by the pancreas.
88. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
89. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
91. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
92. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
93. A very light brown.
95. A motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame.
96. A notable achievement.
97. Not divisible by two.
98. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
99. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
100. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
2. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
3. Mexican plant used especially for making pulque the source of the colorless Mexican liquor mescal.
4. (of a fluid) Having been propelled about in flying drops or masses.
5. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
6. A state in midwestern United States.
7. (formerly) A writing tablet made of slate.
8. Informal terms for a mother.
9. Suffering from abulia.
10. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
11. Supply with battlements.
12. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
13. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
14. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. Superior to the average.
16. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
25. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
26. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
28. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
30. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A literary or scientific association for the promotion of learning.
33. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
34. Island in West Indies.
35. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
36. Having accumulated or become more intense.
40. Elegant and stylish.
42. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
44. Port city in northwest Portugal.
45. A soft silvery metallic element.
47. Of surpassing excellence.
48. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
49. A style of glazed earthenware.
53. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
58. An animal skin made smooth and flexible by removing the hair and then tanning.
59. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
61. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
64. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. Immediately past.
70. Last king of Lydia (died in 546 BC).
71. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
72. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
73. Imperial moths.
75. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
77. A daughter of your brother or sister.
78. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
79. Satisfy (thirst).
80. Israeli religious philosopher (born in Austria) (1878-1965).
82. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
83. Of a quality, as in.
85. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. A quantity of no importance.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. An informal term for a father.
94. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.