1. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
4. A book of the New Testament.
8. Young sheep.
12. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
16. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
17. Fail to keep or to maintain.
18. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
19. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
20. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
21. An unforeseen obstacle.
22. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
23. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
24. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Noisy quarrel.
28. A woman's abbreviated two-piece bathing suit.
29. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
31. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
35. A light touch or stroke.
36. Being nine more than ninety.
38. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
40. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
46. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
50. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
51. Capital of the state of South Dakota.
53. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
56. A cgs unit of magnetic flux equal to the flux perpendicular to an area of 1 square centimeter in a magnetic field of 1 gauss.
57. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
58. The supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe.
59. Ash-colored or anemic looking from illness or emotion.
60. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
63. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
64. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
66. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
67. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
71. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
72. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
73. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
74. Type genus of the Ranidae.
77. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
78. Chronic inflammatory disease of the skin characterized by blister capped papules and intense itching.
82. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
86. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
87. The act of mixing cards haphazardly.
90. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
92. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
93. Bordered by a line of things.
94. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
96. Irritate or vex.
97. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
98. Someone who consumes food for nourishment.
99. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
100. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
4. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
5. An informal conversation.
6. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
7. United States sculptor (born in 1924).
8. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
9. Squash bugs.
10. Informal terms for a mother.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. A small volcanic island in Indonesia between Java and Sumatra.
13. The fur of a rabbit.
14. Something that happens at a given place and time.
15. Suggestive of the supernatural.
25. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
27. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
30. The cry made by sheep.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. Hard yellowish to brownish wax from leaves of the carnauba palm used especially in floor waxes and polishes.
39. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
41. Emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries.
42. A resident of Utah.
43. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
44. According to or characteristic of a casebook or textbook.
45. A diver who searches for molluscs containing pearls.
47. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
48. Relating to or characteristic of an apogee.
49. Small genus of American herbs (American pennyroyal).
52. Food of a ruminant regurgitated to be chewed again.
54. An oral drug (trade name Mevacor) to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
55. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
61. Of a light brown to brownish orange color.
62. Type genus of the Coerebidae.
65. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
68. Small genus of western African evergreen trees and shrubs bearing fleshy capsular three-seeded fruits edible when neither unripe nor overripe.
69. An additional (usually a second) count.
70. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
75. Of or relating to or characteristic of Cuba or the people of Cuba.
76. A fabric woven with lisle thread.
79. Avatar of Vishnu.
80. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
81. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
84. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
85. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
88. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
89. 32nd President of the United States.
91. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.