1. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
4. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
9. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
13. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
16. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
17. A projecting bay window corbeled or cantilevered out from a wall.
18. Beyond what is natural.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
21. Jordan's port.
22. The emotion of hate.
23. The basic unit of money in Albania.
24. Type genus of the Anatidae.
26. Relating to or characteristic of the state or people of Alaska.
28. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
29. A heavy precious metallic element.
30. Plug of cotton or other absorbent material.
32. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
33. An associate degree in applied science.
35. Any of numerous plants of the genus Capparis.
39. Russian composer (1804-1857).
44. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
45. European freshwater fish resembling the roach.
46. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
48. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
50. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
53. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
55. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
59. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
60. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
61. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
62. A local computer network for communication between computers.
63. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
66. A young woman.
68. Leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree.
69. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
70. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
71. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
73. An honorary degree in science.
75. A master's degree in library science.
77. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
80. Type genus of the family Ostreidae.
83. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
86. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
88. (British) A member of the military police.
91. A state in the western United States.
93. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
95. Step on it.
96. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
97. A painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick' and `wrick' are British).
98. A state of agitated irritation.
99. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
100. A primeval personification of air and breath.
101. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
102. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
103. Remaining after all deductions.
1. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
2. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
3. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
4. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
5. A resident of Arkansas.
6. The basic unit of money in Iran.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. By bad luck.
9. Leader of Black Muslims who campaigned for independence for Black Americans (1897-1975).
10. A person who practices masturbation.
11. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
12. Of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind.
13. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
25. A German machine gun.
27. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
29. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
31. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
34. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
36. Out of fashion.
37. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
38. Lacking pathways.
40. A region of southern Italy (forming the instep of the Italian `boot').
41. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
42. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
43. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
47. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
49. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
52. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
54. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
56. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
57. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Thailand and Burmese borderlands.
58. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
64. Terseness of expression.
65. Widely known and esteemed.
67. Of or pertaining to Sabah or its people.
68. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
72. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
74. An honorary degree in science.
76. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
78. A villainous Jew in Charles Dickens' novel "Oliver Twist".
79. A comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations.
80. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
81. Public transport provided by a line of railway cars coupled together and drawn by a locomotive.
82. Income from capital investment paid in a series of regular payments.
84. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
85. Similar to the color of jade.
87. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
89. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
90. Closely confined.
92. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
94. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.