1. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
4. The process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke.
9. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
13. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
16. An arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line.
17. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
18. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
22. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
24. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
26. United States abstract painter (born in Russia) whose paintings are characterized by horizontal bands of color with indistinct boundaries (1903-1970).
28. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
30. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
31. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. (used of persons or the military) Characterized by having or bearing arms.
37. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
42. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
44. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
48. The ending of a series or sequence.
49. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
52. A hotel for motorists.
53. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
54. Not in operation or operational.
56. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
57. In some classifications another name for the family Lamnidae.
60. The force of workers available.
61. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
63. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
64. Eliminate from the body.
65. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
66. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
70. An elaborate song for solo voice.
71. Small bulb or bulb-shaped growth arising from the leaf axil or in the place of flowers.
73. Having the breasts uncovered or featuring such nudity.
75. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
78. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
80. Water frozen in the solid state.
81. Capable of having having clear evidence of eliminated without trace.
83. A fraudulent business scheme.
88. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
89. Fleshy folds of tissue as those surrounding the mouth.
90. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
92. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
93. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
95. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
97. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
98. Taking place over public roads.
99. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
100. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
101. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
1. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
2. 1 species.
3. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
4. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
5. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
6. Away from the mouth or oral region.
7. The mansion of the lord of the manor.
8. Related on the mother's side.
9. A lump of hard consolidated mineral matter.
10. Sounding as if pronounced low in the throat.
11. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
12. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
13. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
14. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
27. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
29. A loud harsh or strident noise.
33. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
35. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
36. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. A member of a Finnish people living in the northwestern Urals in Russia.
39. One of a series of similar body segments into which some animals are divided longitudinally.
40. Imperfect development.
41. Philippine timber tree having hard red fragrant wood.
43. The 2nd longest European river.
45. The act of refusing.
46. Not provided with a frame.
47. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
50. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
51. Wild and domestic cattle.
55. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
58. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
59. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
62. Type genus of the Upupidae.
65. Soft blue-gray mineral.
67. Feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious.
68. The capital and largest city of Georgia on the Kura river.
69. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
70. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
72. 1 species.
74. (informal) Of the highest quality.
76. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
77. The sacred city of Lamaism.
79. A large number or amount.
82. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
83. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
86. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
87. Very dark black.
94. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
96. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.