1. (superlative of `good') Having the most positive qualities.
5. Report or maintain.
9. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
13. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
16. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
17. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
18. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. An important god.
22. Make a fool or dupe of.
24. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
25. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
27. The month following October and preceding December.
28. A river in southeastern France.
29. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
30. A fixed number of lines of verse forming a unit of a poem.
32. Lacking social polish.
34. A shape that sags.
37. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
39. Stocky coarse-furred burrowing rodent with a short bushy tail found throughout the northern hemisphere.
42. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
44. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. Spring-loaded doorlock that can only be opened from the outside with a key.
50. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
51. A broom made of twigs tied together on a long handle.
53. Old World genus of annual to perennial herbs.
54. A complete extent or range.
55. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
56. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
57. Being one more than one hundred.
58. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
60. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
61. Someone who drives a herd.
65. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
66. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
70. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
74. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
75. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
78. A city in northern India.
80. A group of island in eastern Indonesia between Celebes and New Guinea.
83. Changed into bone.
89. A diocese of the Eastern Christian Church.
91. The cry made by sheep.
92. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
93. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
95. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
96. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
97. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
98. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
100. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
3. The Destroyer.
4. Formalwear consisting of full evening dress for men.
5. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
6. A porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed).
7. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
8. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
9. Make less visible or unclear.
10. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
11. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
12. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
13. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. Similar to the color of jade.
21. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
23. Half the width of an em.
26. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
29. Sharp piercing cry.
31. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
33. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
35. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
36. A Spanish male Gypsy.
38. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
40. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
41. Any shrub or small tree of the genus Tamarix having small scalelike or needle-shaped leaves and feathery racemes of small white or pinkish flowers.
43. A feast day and the seven days following it.
45. Any plant of the genus Inula.
46. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas.
49. A foot traveler.
52. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
59. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
62. Go "ding dong", like a bell.
63. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
64. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
67. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
68. Type genus of the Anatidae.
71. A port city and resort in Andalusia in southern Spain on the Mediterranean.
72. An indication of approved or superior status.
73. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
74. A star that ejects some of its material in the form of a cloud and become more luminous in the process.
76. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
77. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
79. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
81. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
82. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
84. Type genus of the Sulidae.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
87. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
88. Fallow deer.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
94. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.