1. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
4. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
9. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
13. A unit of pressure.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
18. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
19. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
20. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
21. A stiff cap with ridges across the crown.
22. An immunosuppressive drug (trade name Imuran) used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.
24. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
26. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
27. Make famous for ever.
29. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
31. A long flexible steel coil for dislodging stoppages in curved pipes.
32. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
35. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
37. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
40. (Sumerian) Sun god.
43. A kiln for drying hops.
45. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
46. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
47. Unknown god.
48. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
49. A system of projects or services intended to meet a public need.
51. Praise, glorify, or honor.
53. At or constituting a border or edge.
55. Being nine more than forty.
57. A master's degree in library science.
58. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
59. Tall evergreen of Japan and China yielding valuable soft wood.
60. (of fabrics) Having soft nap produced by brushing.
62. United States educator who founded the first private school for Black students in Augusta, Georgia (1854-1933).
65. Have confidence or faith in.
67. Small opening (like a window in a door) through which business can be transacted.
68. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
69. Noisy talk.
72. Similar to the color of fresh grass.
73. The square of a body of any size of type.
76. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
78. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
81. Impregnate with a medicinal substance.
83. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
87. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
88. Any of numerous herbs of the genus Maranta having tuberous starchy roots and large sheathing leaves.
89. Highly excited.
90. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
92. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
94. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
95. Advanced in years.
96. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
97. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
98. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
1. Brightest star in Centaurus.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. The 4th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
4. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
5. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
6. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
7. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
8. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
9. A lack of vitality.
10. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
11. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
12. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
13. Nonstandard usage adv 1.
14. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
15. Laborer who works in a mine.
23. Not usual or common or ordinary.
25. Small tough woody zamia of Florida and West Indies and Cuba.
28. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
30. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
33. In a snobbish manner.
34. Resembling flame in brilliance or color.
36. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
38. A visible suspension in the air of particles of some substance.
39. Put into a rage.
41. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
42. An industrial town in north central Alabama.
44. Small low-growing annual or perennial herbs of temperate and cool regions.
50. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
52. More than enough in size or scope or capacity.
54. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
56. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
61. Small voraciously carnivorous freshwater fishes of South America that attack and destroy living animals.
63. A green transparent form of beryl.
64. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
66. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
70. A long narrow depression in a surface.
71. Fishtail palm of India to Malay Peninsula.
74. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
75. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
76. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
77. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
79. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
80. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
82. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
84. Largest known toad species.
85. The rounded seed-bearing capsule of a cotton or flax plant.
86. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
91. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
93. Before noon.