1. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
4. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
13. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Obvious and dull.
18. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
19. Take in solid food.
20. Large whale with a large cavity in the head containing spermaceti and oil.
22. A salt or ester of arsenic acid.
24. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
25. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
28. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
29. Informal terms for a mother.
31. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
32. Rich cake usually covered with cream and fruit or nuts.
33. A complex inorganic compound that contains ammonia molecules.
37. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
39. A pouch in many birds and some lower animals that resembles a stomach for storage and preliminary maceration of food.
42. Lacking excess flesh.
43. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. That is to say.
47. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
48. Of or relating to whales and dolphins etc.
51. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
53. The general activity of selling.
54. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
56. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
57. Remove the clip from.
60. A rapid bustling commotion.
61. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
62. A fancy dock for small yachts and cabin cruisers.
63. Leave immediately.
65. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
69. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
70. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
72. A form of address for a man.
73. Firmly attached.
75. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
81. Having much flesh (especially fat).
82. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
84. One of the four pointed conical teeth (two in each jaw) located between the incisors and the premolars.
88. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
89. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
91. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
92. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
93. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
94. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
96. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
97. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
98. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
99. English essayist (1775-1834).
100. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Offering fun and gaiety.
6. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
7. New Zealand conifer.
8. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
9. Speaking a Slavic language.
10. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
11. Extinct elephant-like mammal that flourished worldwide from Miocene through Pleistocene times.
12. A strong emotion.
13. A person who enjoys reading.
14. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
15. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
21. Common genus of marine bubble shells of the Pacific coast of North America.
23. A town in southwest Mississippi on the Mississippi River.
26. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
27. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
34. One of the three Furies.
35. Pouch used in the shipment of mail.
36. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
38. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
40. Breed of large wiry-coated terrier bred in Yorkshire.
41. Gladly and cordially received or admitted.
44. A large medieval helmet supported on the shoulders.
45. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
49. Relating to the ciliary body and associated structures of the eye.
50. Wool of the alpaca.
52. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
55. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
58. An act punishable by law.
59. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
64. A woolen tunic worn by men and women in ancient Greece.
66. Inability to stand due to muscular incoordination.
67. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
68. A former Turkish term of respect.
69. A strong emotion.
71. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
74. Youngest daughter of the prophet Mohammed and wife of the fourth calif Ali.
76. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
77. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
78. A shape that spreads outward.
79. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
80. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
81. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis.
83. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
84. A state in the eastern United States.
85. Of or relating to near the ear.
86. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
87. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
90. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
95. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
96. A Spanish title of respect for a gentleman or nobleman.