1. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
5. United States baseball player (born 1925).
9. Sailing close to the wind v 1.
13. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
16. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
17. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
18. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
19. Take in solid food.
20. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
21. A pilgrim who journeys to Mecca.
22. Slightly open.
23. Make amends for.
24. The animal order including amoebas.
27. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
29. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
30. A blind god.
32. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
34. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
36. A Loloish language.
38. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
42. A tenant who holds a lease.
44. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
46. A medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain.
47. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
48. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
50. The sixth month of the civil year.
52. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
53. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
57. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
59. Someone whose business is advertising.
61. A man who serves as a sailor.
65. Not subject to defeat.
66. A murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a treacherous surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed.
67. A large medieval helmet supported on the shoulders.
68. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
70. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
72. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
74. The eighth month of the civil year.
75. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
78. A Spanish river.
80. Someone who bakes commercially.
82. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
85. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
89. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
91. A small amount of residue.
93. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
94. Not alike or similar.
96. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
98. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
99. The seventh month of the civil year.
100. (informal) Exceptionally good.
102. Preserve of crushed fruit.
103. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
104. Plot of land belonging to an English parish church or an ecclesiastical office.
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
106. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
3. Flesh of young Atlantic cod weighing up to 2 pounds.
4. Informal terms for clothing.
5. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
6. Toward the mouth or oral region.
7. A region of western India north of Bombay (bordering the Arabian Sea) where Gujarati is spoken.
8. Being one more than two.
9. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
10. United States architect (born in England) (1802-1878).
11. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
12. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
13. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades across which Charon carried dead souls.
25. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
26. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
28. Noisy quarrel.
31. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
33. A corticosteroid drug (trade names Decadron or Dexamethasone Intensol or Dexone or Hexadrol or Oradexon) used to treat allergies or inflammation.
35. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
37. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
39. Industrial city in southwestern Zimbabwe.
40. A city in Lombardy on the Po River.
41. Any meeting for an exchange of ideas.
43. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
45. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
49. (Japanese) Rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed.
51. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
54. A battle between the French and an alliance of Spaniards and Swiss and Venetians in 1512.
55. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
56. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
60. God of death.
62. Egyptian statesman who became president in 1981 after Sadat was assassinated (born in 1929).
63. A stock exchange in New York.
64. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
69. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
71. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
73. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
74. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
76. United States space station.
77. Of or relating to cats.
79. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
81. Lower in esteem.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
86. A city in northwestern Syria.
87. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
88. A plug used to close a hole in a barrel or flask.
90. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
92. A Hindu prince or king in India.
97. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
101. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.