1. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. On or toward the lee.
17. Advanced in years.
18. God of fire.
19. Irritate or vex.
20. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
21. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
22. A member of a formerly tribal people in south central India.
23. A state of southwestern India.
24. Full of flavor.
26. An honorary arts degree.
28. Accumulate on the surface.
30. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
34. The eleventh month of the civil year.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. A South American river.
42. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
45. An enclosed territory that is culturally distinct from the foreign territory that surrounds it.
48. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
49. A rod used to ram the charge into a muzzle-loading firearm.
51. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
55. The residue that remains when something is burned.
57. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
58. Very dark black.
61. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
62. Being nine more than ninety.
63. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
64. Unknown god.
65. Little known Kamarupan languages.
69. Again but in a new or different way.
70. Relating to or associated with an empire.
72. The handle of a sword or dagger.
73. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
75. (Scotland) A landowner.
77. An oil port in southern Iraq.
81. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
82. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
83. Heard or perceptible by the ear.
87. A town in north central Oklahoma.
90. Tag the base runner to get him out.
91. Spanish architect who was a leading exponent of art nouveau in Europe (1852-1926).
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. The capital and largest city of Japan.
96. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
97. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
98. A swift whirling motion (usually of a missile).
99. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
100. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
101. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
102. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
103. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
1. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
8. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
9. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
10. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
11. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
12. The act of removing or getting rid of something.
13. (computer science) A rule stating that the quality of the output is a function of the quality of the input.
14. (in Indian English) The number that is represented as a one followed by 7 zeros.
15. Jordan's port.
25. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
27. Tall hat.
29. Showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
37. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
38. A speedy red or red-and-tan American hound.
39. Essential equal to suborder Myomorpha with the Dipodidae excluded.
40. Hold spellbound.
41. A small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot.
43. A deep bow.
44. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
46. Any of numerous climbing plants of the genus Vanilla having fleshy leaves and clusters of large waxy highly fragrant white or green or topaz flowers.
47. Excessive desire to eat.
50. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. A port in northern Belgium on the Scheldt river.
56. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
59. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
60. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
66. An artillery base to support advancing troops.
67. A coil of low resistance and high inductance used in electrical circuits to pass direct current and attenuate alternating current.
68. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
71. Enthusiastic approval.
72. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
74. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
75. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
76. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
78. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
79. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
80. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
84. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
85. An inhabitant of Lappland.
86. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
87. An artistic form of nonverbal communication.
88. Not in action or at work.
89. A share of money or food or clothing that has been charitably given.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. The compass point midway between northeast and east.