1. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
4. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
8. A coarse obnoxious person.
12. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
16. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
17. United States composer noted for his innovative use of polytonality (1874-1954).
18. Affectedly dainty or refined.
19. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
20. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
22. Freed from illness or injury.
24. The heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails.
25. The sixth month of the civil year.
26. The capital of Nationalist China.
28. Lacking or showing a lack of due concern.
30. Resembling apes.
32. A radioactive transuranic element.
33. A linear unit of measurement (equal to 6 feet) for water depth.
36. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
38. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
42. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
45. Being one more than two.
46. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
47. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
49. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
52. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
54. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
56. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
58. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
59. A unit of pressure.
60. A view of the sea.
64. A glass for beer.
66. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
67. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
68. Not only so, but.
69. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
71. (informal) Of the highest quality.
72. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
73. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
77. A festival featuring African-American culture.
79. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
82. A small cake leavened with yeast.
83. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
84. Cleansing agent consisting of soaps or detergents used for washing the hair.
85. God of love and erotic desire.
89. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
93. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
94. One million periods per second.
96. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
97. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
98. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
99. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
102. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
104. A master's degree in business.
105. (British) Your grandmother.
106. Jordan's port.
107. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
108. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
1. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A Russian river.
4. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
5. Of a leaf shape.
6. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
7. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
8. A thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings.
9. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
10. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
11. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
12. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
13. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
14. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
15. British informal.
21. Studies of the formation of basic linguistic units.
23. Activity involved in maintaining something in good working order.
27. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
29. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
31. Fail to do something.
34. A person to whom legal title to property is entrusted to use for another's benefit.
35. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
37. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
39. Any exciting and complex play intended to confuse (dazzle) the opponent.
40. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
41. A musical composition of a free form usually incorporating several familiar themes.
43. The third month of the civil year.
44. An informal term for a father.
50. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
51. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
53. Type genus of the Amiidae.
55. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
57. Re-establish on a new, usually improved, basis or make new or like new.
61. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
62. A pustule in an eruptive disease.
63. The quality of being the present.
65. Basic principles of the cosmos.
70. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
71. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
74. Small New Zealand broadleaf evergreen tree often cultivated in warm regions as an ornamental.
75. A state in the eastern United States.
76. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
78. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
80. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
81. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
86. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
87. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
88. In bed.
90. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
91. A French abbot.
92. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
95. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
101. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
103. A colorless odorless inert gaseous element occurring in the earth's atmosphere in trace amounts.