1. Of southern Europe.
4. Very large white gannet with black wing tips.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
17. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
18. The basic unit of money in China.
19. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. Take in solid food.
21. United States religious leader who was the first person born in the United States to be canonized (1774-1821).
22. (Greek mythology) God of love.
23. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
24. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
26. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
28. A Russian river.
30. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. A Hindu prince or king in India.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
41. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
43. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
46. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
47. Towards the side away from the wind.
49. (of a bed) Not having the sheets and blankets set in order.
52. Make one's home or live in.
54. An informal term for a father.
56. Cut in half or cut in two.
58. Horrible in fierceness or savagery.
59. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
62. The Teutonic god of thunder.
63. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
64. A nation in northern North America.
65. Showing deterioration from age.
66. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
67. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
69. A very light brown.
71. A state in southeastern United States.
72. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
74. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
77. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
79. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir.
82. A city in western California on San Francisco Bay opposite San Francisco.
83. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
84. Cause to become awake or conscious.
87. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
90. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
92. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
95. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
96. How long something has existed.
97. A natural talent.
98. Chief port of Yemen.
99. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
100. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
101. A boy or man.
102. Not in action or at work.
103. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
104. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
1. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
2. A vicious angry growl.
3. The basic unit of money in Macao.
4. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
5. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
6. Of an instrument of certain death.
7. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
8. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
9. Minor or subordinate.
10. Of or relating to the atmospheric phenomenon auroras.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
13. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
14. Type genus of the Ranidae.
15. By bad luck.
25. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
27. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
29. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
31. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
36. Of or like a cecum.
38. God of the underworld and judge of the dead.
39. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
40. The mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true.
42. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
44. A member of a subgroup of people who inhabit Lesotho.
45. 1 species.
48. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
50. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
51. The location of something surrounded by other things.
53. Suffering from overexposure to direct sunlight.
55. A member of a North American Plains people (now living in Oklahoma and Wyoming).
57. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
60. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
61. Unknown god.
68. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
69. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
70. A tasteless colorless powder used medicinally as a cathartic.
71. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
73. An authoritative person who divines the future.
75. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
76. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
78. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
79. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
80. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
81. Having prongs or tines.
85. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
86. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
88. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
89. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
91. Not in operation or operational.
93. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
94. Used of a single unit or thing.