1. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
4. Apple trees.
9. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
13. An accountant certified by the state.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ireland or its people.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
20. The virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
21. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
22. (music) Composed or performed by a single voice or instrument.
23. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
24. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
26. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
28. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
30. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
32. Of or relating to neuroglia.
34. A castrated tomcat.
35. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
36. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
38. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
41. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
43. A large number or amount.
46. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
48. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
50. A bitter quarrel between two parties.
52. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
53. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
55. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
56. Divulge information or secrets.
58. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
59. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
60. The 23rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
61. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
62. German musician who developed a system for teaching music to children (1895-1982).
66. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
69. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
71. Any plant of the genus Erica.
72. A West African language closely related to Fula.
74. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
75. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
77. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
79. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
85. Cut the head of.
91. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
95. European shad.
96. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
99. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
101. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
102. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.
103. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
104. (Roman mythology) A princess of Tyre who was the founder and queen of Carthage.
105. Using speech rather than writing.
1. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
2. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
3. A machine for laying pavement.
4. Assign in incorrect name to.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
7. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
8. Sorghum having slender dry stalks and small hard grains.
9. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
10. A lace used for fastening shoes.
11. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
14. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
15. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
25. Inability to walk.
27. Similar to the striped mullet and takes its place in the Caribbean region.
29. (Norse mythology) Giant who lives in the roots of Yggdrasil and guards the well of wisdom.
31. Cattle that are reared for their meat.
33. A bachelor's degree in library science.
37. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
39. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
40. Last longer than others.
42. Cooked in steam.
44. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
45. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
49. Directed up.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
54. A distinguishing feature of one's personal nature.
57. A painful sore with a hard pus-filled core.
63. A feeling of intense anger.
64. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
65. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
67. Thrown together in a pile.
68. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
70. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
73. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
76. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
78. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
80. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
81. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
82. Of or relating to the velum.
83. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
84. Of or in or relating to the nose.
86. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
87. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
88. Mother goddess.
89. A sudden short attack.
90. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
93. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
94. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
97. Conforming to truth.
98. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
100. An uproarious party.