1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
9. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
13. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
16. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
17. Squash bugs.
18. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A steep descent of the water of a river.
22. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
24. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
25. Stalk of a moss capsule.
26. Genus of perennial wildflowers of North American plains and prairies.
29. Belonging to some prior time.
31. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
32. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
33. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
36. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
38. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
41. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
42. A Christian celebration of the Resurrection of Christ.
45. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
46. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
47. A human female who does housework.
50. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
51. How long something has existed.
52. At or constituting a border or edge.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
57. Using speech rather than writing.
58. A primeval personification of air and breath.
59. A long-acting crystalline barbiturate (trade name Mebaral) used as a sedative and as an anticonvulsant in the treatment of epilepsy.
63. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
64. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
65. The Italian region on the island of Sicily.
66. Affect with wonder.
67. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
68. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
70. The act of soiling something.
72. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
73. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
76. Nymph who merged with Hermaphroditus to form one body.
78. A port city in southwestern Iran.
80. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
84. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
90. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
91. A clap of the hands to indicate approval.
93. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
94. God of the Underworld.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
96. A person who hews.
98. Located at or near the back of an animal.
100. A period of time spent sleeping.
101. School of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith.
102. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
103. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
104. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
3. A multiple star with 6 components.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. Brown or blackish Alpine mosses having a dehiscent capsule with 4 longitudinal slits.
6. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
7. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
8. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
9. Sauce for pasta.
10. Two items of the same kind.
11. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
12. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
13. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
14. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
15. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
21. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
23. Dwell (archaic).
27. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
28. (electronics) Designating sound transmission from two sources through two channels.
30. A radioactive transuranic element.
34. Something transitory.
35. A support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute).
37. Divisible by two.
39. A fabric made of silk or a silklike fabric that resembles organdy.
40. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
43. Any of various plants of the genus Scabiosa.
44. A Thraco-Phrygian language spoken by the ancient people of Thrace but extinct by the early Middle Ages.
48. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
49. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
53. A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep.
56. A rotating power drill powered by an electric motor.
60. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
61. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
62. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. Place (something) where one cannot find it again.
69. A portable brazier that burns charcoal and has a grill for cooking.
70. Brown or blackish Alpine mosses having a dehiscent capsule with 4 longitudinal slits.
71. New Guinea echidnas.
72. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
74. A person who is under the protection or in the custody of another.
75. Someone who guards prisoners.
77. A state in midwestern United States.
79. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
81. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
82. Someone whose business is advertising.
83. A large number or amount.
85. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
86. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
87. A bachelor's degree in science.
88. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
89. Set down according to a plan.
92. Preferred above all others and treated with partiality.
97. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
99. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.