1. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
4. Lean end of the neck.
9. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
18. Make anew.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
20. A region of western India north of Bombay (bordering the Arabian Sea) where Gujarati is spoken.
22. French painter who led the cubist movement (1882-1963).
24. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
25. Oil palms.
28. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
30. A situation that is ideal for rapid development (especially of something bad).
32. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A rugged box (usually made of wood).
40. A government tax on imports or exports.
44. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
45. A positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device.
50. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
51. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
53. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
54. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
56. Health care for the needy.
57. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
58. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
59. An outstanding Spanish cellist noted for his interpretation of Bach's cello suites (1876-1973).
61. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
62. A wooden peg that is used to fasten timbers in shipbuilding.
65. Unpleasantly loud and harsh.
68. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
71. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
75. A genus of tuberous-rooted vines of the family Dioscoreaceae.
79. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Cataflam).
82. The Arabic (or decimal) system of numeration.
84. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
85. With eagerness.
87. To move in a twisting or contorted motion, (esp. when struggling).
88. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
89. Prong on a fork or pitchfork.
90. Suggestive of the supernatural.
92. Using speech rather than writing.
93. Liquid excretory product.
94. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
95. Chief port of Yemen.
96. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
1. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
2. The twelfth month of the civil year.
3. Type genus of the Majidae.
4. Any of a number of tiny parallel grooves such as.
5. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
6. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
7. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
8. British physicist (born in Hungary) noted for his work on holography (1900-1979).
9. Worthless material that is discarded.
10. Either of two huge coniferous California trees that reach a height of 300 feet.
11. (of animals) Fully developed.
12. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
13. A large fleet.
14. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
15. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
21. An epic in Latin by Virgil.
23. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
26. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. Having three units or components or elements.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
33. A bar of sand.
34. A person who receives support and protection from an influential patron who furthers the protege's career.
36. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
38. A group of people attractively arranged (as if in a painting).
39. Dutch Renaissance scholar and Roman Catholic theologian who attacked the theology of Martin Luther (1466-1536).
41. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
42. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
43. Part of the perianth that is usually brightly colored.
46. Coins collectively.
47. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
48. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
49. A member of the Dravidian people living in northern Bengal in eastern India.
52. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
55. Any of various spectacular plants of the genus Laelia having showy flowers in many colors.
60. A man who courts a woman.
63. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
64. Enthusiastic approval.
65. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
66. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
67. Loud and clear.
68. A large fleet.
69. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
70. (of games) Engaged in.
72. A telegram sent abroad.
73. Showing deterioration from age.
74. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
76. God of justice.
77. Goddess of dawn.
78. Small cold-water silvery fish.
80. An elaborate party (often outdoors).
81. God of fire.
83. (Welsh) Underworld god.
86. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
91. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.