1. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
5. The number of opening per inch of a screen.
9. Avoid and stay away from deliberately.
13. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
16. The basic unit of money in Peru.
17. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
18. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
19. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
20. Pertaining to animals or animal life or action.
21. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
22. Coelenterate genus of order Madreporaria, including staghorn corals.
24. Any of several tropical American trees of the genus Andira.
26. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
27. Half the width of an em.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
32. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
36. A state of abeyance or suspended business.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
44. A rectangular piece of absorbent cloth (or paper) for drying or wiping.
46. An elaborate song for solo voice.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
53. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
54. Enchanter's nightshade.
56. Battles in World War II in the Pacific (November 1943).
59. A member of one of the four divisions of the prehistoric Greeks.
60. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
62. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
64. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
65. (Norse mythology) Trickster.
66. Muslim name for God.
71. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
72. An unforeseen obstacle.
73. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
74. A small cake leavened with yeast.
80. To fix or set securely or deeply.
84. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
86. (Greek mythology) The husband of Medea and leader of the Argonauts who sailed in quest of the Golden Fleece.
87. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
88. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
89. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
91. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
93. Being two more than fifty.
94. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
95. A city in central New York.
96. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
97. The fatty flesh of eel.
1. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
2. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
3. Terrestrial game birds of the Old World and Australia.
4. Someone to who a license is granted.
5. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
6. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
7. Stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult v 1.
8. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
9. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
10. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
11. A state of commotion and loud confused noise.
12. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
13. Any of various ferns of the genus Dryopteris.
14. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
15. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
23. The grasses.
25. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
29. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
31. A desert in southern Israel.
33. Characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is.
34. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
35. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
37. A sweet cake flavored with sesame or caraway seeds and lemon.
38. Low tree ferns with large fronds.
41. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
42. A formal expression of praise.
45. United States artist who was a leader of the pop art movement (1930-1987).
47. Mostly small blennioid fishes of coral reefs and seagrass beds.
48. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
51. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
52. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
55. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
57. Type genus of the Adelgidae.
58. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
61. A tumor of the brain consisting of neuroglia.
63. Small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark.
64. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
67. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
68. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
69. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
70. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
75. In bed.
76. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
77. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
78. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
79. The act of catching an object with the hands.
80. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
81. A digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder.
82. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
83. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
85. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
86. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
90. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
92. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.