1. Lacking self-confidence.
4. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
8. A heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects).
12. A notable achievement.
16. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
17. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
18. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
19. Beyond what is natural.
20. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
22. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
24. North African gerbils.
25. The first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Old Testament considered as a unit.
26. Wet with secreted or exuded moisture such as sweat or blood or tears.
29. Subject to popular election.
31. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
33. Detected or perceived by the sense of hearing.
34. Having a coating.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
40. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
44. A disdainful pouting grimace.
45. Being three more than fifty.
47. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
50. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
55. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
56. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
58. The 8th letter of the Greek alphabet.
61. Get something.
63. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
64. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
65. A slow pace of running.
66. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
69. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
71. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
72. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
74. An informal term for a father.
75. Not treated with lead.
77. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
80. Toward the mouth or oral region.
82. An associate degree in applied science.
83. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
84. Someone who performs magic tricks to amuse an audience.
88. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
91. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
93. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
94. An inland sea in northwestern Turkey.
96. Hairpiece covering the head and made of human or synthetic hair.
97. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
100. A unit of pressure.
101. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
102. Any North American shrubby perennial herb of the genus Heliopsis having large yellow daisylike flowers.
103. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
104. The fatty flesh of eel.
1. Showing deterioration from age.
2. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
3. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
4. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
5. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
6. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
7. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
8. Showing fear and lack of confidence.
9. Of heavy boots.
10. (Sumerian) Sun god.
11. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
12. An extinct volcano in south central Honshu.
13. A town in north central Oklahoma.
14. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
15. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
21. Pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic.
23. Similar or related in quality or character.
27. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
28. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
30. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
32. Water frozen in the solid state.
35. The capital of the state of Kansas.
36. A genus of Icteridae.
37. Partial or complete loss of hearing.
39. Garment consisting of a folded cloth drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist.
41. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
42. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
43. Give expression or emotion to, in a stage or movie role.
46. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
48. The money risked on a gamble.
49. One thousand periods per second.
51. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
52. In bed.
53. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
57. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
59. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
60. Enthusiastic approval.
62. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
67. (botany) Development of an embryo without fertilization.
68. Gull family.
69. Showing fear and lack of confidence.
70. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
73. That is to say.
76. The act of escaping physically.
78. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
79. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
81. (informal) Of the highest quality.
85. The highest level or degree attainable.
86. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
87. A quantity of no importance.
89. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
90. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
92. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
95. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
96. God of the Underworld.
98. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
99. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.